L T E S M A R T P H O N E User Manual Please read this manual before operating your phone, and keep it for future reference.
Intellectual Property All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Phone, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Phone System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
THERETO. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT. IN ADDITION, SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR BENEFITS.
©2012 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung is a registered trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Do you have questions about your Samsung Mobile Phone? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer a new FAQ/ARS System (Automated Response System) at: http://www.samsung.com/us/support.
® ® , DivX , DivX Certified and associated logos are trademarks of Rovi Corporation or its subsidiaries and are used under license. ® ® DivX Certified to play DivX video up to HD 720p, including premium content. ® ABOUT DIVX VIDEO: DivX is a digital video format created by DivX, LLC, a subsidiary of Rovi Corporation.
Making a Call ......45 Creating a Samsung Account ....12 Making Emergency Calls .
Gallery ....... 86 Samsung Keyboard Settings ....66 Camera .
Section 8: Changing Your Settings ...110 Accessibility ......137 Developer Options ..... 138 Accessing Settings .
Play Books ......177 Samsung Mobile Products and Recycling ..195 Play Movies .
Section 12: Warranty Information ....208 Standard Limited Warranty ....208 End User License Agreement for Software ..213 Section 13: Samsung Product Registration ..........219 Index ............220...
Section 1: Getting Started This section explains how to start using your phone by first 2. Lift the cover up (2) and away from the phone (3). configuring your hardware, activating your service, and then setting up your voice mail. Setting Up Your Phone Prior to use it is necessary to install both the battery and SIM into their corresponding internal compartments.
Important! The plug-in SIM card information and its contacts Note: If the card is not inserted correctly, the phone will not can be easily damaged by scratching or bending, detect the SIM card. Re-orient the card back into the slot so be careful when handling, inserting, or if the SIM is not detected.
data between SD-compatible devices. This type of memory For more information on Memory Cards, see “Memory Card” card is designed for use with this mobile phone and other on page 43. Removing the Memory Card devices. 1. Push on the memory card until it clicks and is released. Note: Your phone has been tested to support up to a 64GB 2.
Your device is powered by a rechargeable Li-ion battery. The Travel Charger that is used to charge the battery, is included with your device. Use only Samsung-approved batteries and chargers. Note: You must fully charge the battery before using your phone for the first time.
Warning! If your handset has a touch screen display, please note that a touch screen responds best to a light touch from the pad of your finger. Using excessive force or a metallic object when pressing on the touch screen may damage the tempered glass surface and void the warranty.
Switching the Phone On or Off 4. Tap Power off to switch off the phone. 5. At the Power off prompt, tap OK. 1. Press and hold until the phone switches on. Locking and Unlocking the Touch Screen 1. Press to lock the touch screen.
Google applications and applications will always be in sync between your phone and computer. An active Samsung account is required to begin accessing applications such as ChatON and AllShare Play. 4. At the Use Google location screen, a blue checkmark 1.
Creating a New Google Account Retrieving your Google Account Password In order to utilize your device to the fullest extent, you will need to create a Google™ Account when you first use your A Google account password is required for Google device.
Accessing Your Voice Mail 1. With the phone turned off, press the Power key, Volume Up key, and Home key at the same time. 1. From the Home screen, tap , then tap 2. As soon as you fill the phone vibrate, release the Power You may be prompted to enter a password.
Troubleshooting 6. Use the Volume Up/Down keys to scroll up or down, then use the Power key to make a selection. If your device has fatal errors, hangs up, or freezes, you may Safe Mode need to reset the device to regain functionality. You can boot your phone into Safe Mode if you wish to If your device is frozen and unresponsive, press and troubleshoot whether or not added applications are causing...
Over 250,000 Apps available to download • Android v 4.0.4, Ice Cream Sandwich Platform • Access to Movies and TV Shows with Samsung Media Hub • Touch screen provides quick response to a variety of in-phone • menus and options including applications and seven home Full Integration of Google Mobile™...
Front View of Your Phone 1. Status light: displays red when charging, green when fully charged, blue when powering up, and orange when a notification has arrived. 2. External speaker: allows you to hear the caller. 3. Application icons: you can place shortcuts to your favorite applications on the Home screen.
Side Views of Your Phone 9. Google Quick Search bar: a shortcut to Google Search that allows you to search for items on the internet. 10. AccuWeather screen: displays Time, Day, Date, Temperature and weather conditions for your area. 11. Indicator icons: shows the information needed to operate your phone, such as the received signal strength, phone battery level, time, unread Emails, missed calls, etc.
Rear View of Your Phone 1. 3.5mm Headset jack: allows you to plug in headphones. 2. Volume keys: allow you to adjust the ringer volume while in standby mode or adjust the voice volume during a call. When receiving an incoming call, briefly press down either volume key ( to mute the ring tone.
Display Layout Indicator Icons This list identifies the symbols you’ll see on your phone’s Your display screen provides a wealth of information about display and Indicator area: the phone’s status and options, as well as providing access to application icons. For more information, refer to “Front Displays your current signal strength.
Displays when a call has been missed. Displays when your connection to a UTMS, HSDPA, HSPA, or HSPA+ network is active. Displays when a call has been muted. Displays when your phone is communicating with the UTMS, HSDPA, HSPA, or HSPA+ network. Displays when Call forwarding is set to Always Displays when your connection to a 4G LTE network forward.
Displays when a Bluetooth device has been paired Displays when the phone is tethered via a with the phone. supported USB cable connection. Displays when a new text or multimedia message Displays briefly when Bluetooth is on but is not is received.
Displays when data synchronization and application sync is active and synchronization is in progress for Gmail, Calendar, and Contacts. Displays when you have not yet set up a Samsung Account. Displays when your phone is connecting to the Device Management server when you first turn on Displays when an emergency call is taking place.
1. From the Home screen, tap , then tap one of the Calculator: Using this feature you can use the phone as application icons. a calculator. The calculator provides the basic 2. Follow the on-screen instructions. arithmetic functions; addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Clock: The Clock application allows you to access Email: Email enables you to review and create email alarms, view the World Clock, set a stopwatch, and use using various email services. You can also receive text a timer. For more information, refer to “Clock” on page message alerts when you receive an important email.
“Maps” on page 171. advanced functionality to enhance the Internet Media Hub: Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the browsing feature on your phone. For more information, hottest movie and TV content. You can rent or purchase refer to “Internet”...
Messaging: You can send and receive different types of Navigation: Navigation is an internet-connected GPS messages. For more information, refer to “Messaging” navigation system with voice guidance. You can type or on page 96. speak your destination. For more information, refer to “Navigation”...
Play Music: With the Music application, while online, you can S Voice: With the S Voice application you can use your play music that you have added to your music file as well as voice to perform operations that you would normally any music you copied from your PC.
Video player: The Video player application plays video Tip: To open applications quickly, add the icons of frequently- files stored on your microSD card. For more used applications to the Home screen or to the folders you information, refer to “Video Player” on page 85. created.
Command Keys Touch and Hold Menu Key Activate on-screen items by a touch and hold gesture. For example: Press Menu to display a context-sensitive menu of • Touch and hold a widget on the home screen to move it. options for the current screen or feature. Home Key •...
Tilt 3. Tap the ON/OFF icon located to the right of each motion option to activate the motions you wish. To activate the tilt feature, press and hold two points on the screen then tilt the device back and forth to reduce or The following is a description some of the most enlarge the screen.
• Pan to move icon: Once enabled, touch and hold a desired Tilt to Zoom In and Zoom Out application shortcut icon or widget on the screen. Once it detaches, move the device left or right to migrate it to a new location.
• Palm touch to mute/pause: Once enabled, you can pause any on-screen video or mute any current sound by simply covering Palm swipe to the screen with your hand. Once you remove your hand from the Screen Capture screen, the device goes back to normal by either continuing to play the current video or unmuting the current sound.
4. The Home screen will display as shown above. Note: There are several additional ways you can lock your screen. For more information, refer to “Screen lock” on page 126. Home Screen Overview The main home screen is the starting point for many applications and functions, and it allows you to add items like application icons, shortcuts, folders, or Google widgets to give you instant access to information and applications.
3. Tap one of the application icons. A sub-menu will appear at the bottom of the phone screen. 2. Tap an option. Sub-Menu items Note: As you add applications, the number of Application menus that you have available will increase. Navigating Using Sub-Menus Sub-menus are available when you are at any Home screen Accessing Recently-Used Apps...
Tap Task manager to go to the Task manager. 3. Tap to display your current applications. Customizing Your Home Screen 4. Scroll through the list and locate your desired application. You can customize your Home screen by doing the following: 5.
Deleting a shortcut The new primary shortcut will now appear on all Home 1. Press to activate the main Home screen. screens. Adding and Removing Widgets 2. Touch and hold the desired shortcut. This unlocks it from its location on the current screen. Widgets are self-contained applications that reside in either 3.
As you place the Widget into the Trash, both items turn 10. Press to return to the Home screen. Creating Application Folders red. You can create application folders to hold similar applications Note: This action does not actually delete the Widget, it just if you wish.
Adding a New Page to the Application Menu 3. Tap one of the following options: • Gallery: select a wallpaper from photographs you have taken You can add a new page to your application menu by with your camera. following these steps: 1.
3. Touch and hold the Home screen you want to move. 4. Drag it to the location that you would like to place it. 5. Press to return to the main Home screen. In this example, the YP app screen is moved to the last Adding and Deleting Home Screens position.
4. Drag it to the trash can located at the bottom of the To add a Home screen, follow these steps: screen. 1. Press to activate the main Home screen. 2. Press and tap Edit. 3. Touch and hold the Home screen that contains drag it to the new location.
Clearing Notifications 4. Press to return to the main Home screen. You can now add items to your new Home screen. To clear all notifications from the Notification panel: Notification Bar 1. From the Home screen, touch and hold the Notification Bar until the pull-down displays, then drag down The Notification Bar includes a pull-down list to show vertically.
Memory Card Accessing Additional Panel Functions In addition to notifications, this panel also provides quick and Your device lets you use a microSD (SD) or microSDHC ready access to separate device functions. These can be card to expand available memory space. This secure digital quickly activated or deactivated by toggling them on or off.
Unmounting the SD card Erasing Files from the SD card Unmounting the SD card prevents corruption and damage to You can erase files from the SD card using the phone. the SD card while removing it from the slot. 1. Ensure the SD card is mounted. For more information, 1.
Section 3: Call Functions Making an International Call This section describes how to make or answer a call. It also includes the features and functionality associated with 1. From the Home screen, tap , then touch and hold making or answering a call. .
4. Select Add wait to add a wait. A wait will pause the A list of recent calls is displayed. calling sequence until you enter a number or press a 3. Tap the desired Contact to enter the Details page, then key.
Making a Call Using Speed Dial 1. From the Home screen, tap 2. Enter the emergency number (ex: 911) and then tap You can assign a short cut number to a phone number in your Contacts List for speed dialing. 3.
Making a Call from the Address Book – or – – Tap Create new message to compose a new message. You can store phone numbers that you use regularly on the SIM card or in the phone’s memory. These entries are collectively called the Address Book.
Dialing Options A list of recent calls is displayed. If the number or caller is listed in your Address Book, the associated name is From the Home screen and Application menus, you have the displayed. option to access the Dialer and initiate a call by tapping Keypad.
Calling Back a Missed Call To call back a missed call number: 1. From the Home screen, tap Logs. A list of recent calls is displayed. If the number or caller is listed in your Address Book, the associated name is displayed.
3. At the Message screen, tap the empty text field and use the on-screen keypad to type in a message. Add as new contact 4. When you are done with your message, tap Update an existing send. contact Call the number Send a message For more information, refer to “Creating and Sending Chat using...
Adjusting the Call Volume 4. At the Add to reject list prompt, tap OK. Future calls from this number will be rejected and sent During a call, to adjust the earpiece volume, use the Volume to your voicemail. keys on the left side of the phone. Call Duration Press the Up volume key to increase the volume level and press the Down volume key to decrease the...
Placing a Call on Hold – Tap Speaker again to use the phone’s earpiece (see “Using the Speakerphone During an Active Call” on page 55). The You can place the current call on hold at any point during a green line will disappear when Speaker is not activated. conversation.
Switching Between Calls 3. To switch between the two calls, tap Swap. • Swap: Places the current call on hold and then activates the When you have an active call and a call on hold, you may previous call. The active call will appear in a green box. Tap switch between the two calls, changing the one on hold to active and placing the other on hold.
1. Tap and slide to the right to answer the call. 2. Tap and slide to the right to answer the next call. 3. Tap Putting "Number" on hold to put the first call on hold. 4. Join the first two callers into a single multi-party call by tapping Merge Merge 5.
Switching off the Microphone (Mute) Searching for a Number in Address Book 1. During the active call, press then tap Contacts. You can temporarily switch your phone’s microphone off, so that the other person cannot hear you. 2. Tap the Address Book entry. For further details about the Address Book feature, see Example: You wish to say something to person in the room, “Finding an Address Book Entry”...
Call rejection 3. Tap Save to save the reject message. Call alert 1. From the Call settings screen, tap Call rejection. 2. Tap the OFF / ON icon to turn Auto reject mode on 1. From the Home screen, tap Call settings Call alert.
Auto screen off during calls From the Home screen, tap Call settings Use extra vol. for calls to create a This option turns on the proximity sensor during calls so that checkmark and enable the feature. your phone will know to turn the screen off to save power. In-call sound EQ settings From the Home screen, tap Call...
Call forwarding • Caller ID: allows you to choose how your Caller ID will be displayed. Select Network default, Hide number, or Show 1. From the Home screen, tap Call settings number. Call forwarding Voice call. • Call waiting: the network service informs you when someone 2.
4. To enable FDN after it has been disabled, tap Disable 1. From the Home screen, tap Call settings FDN, enter your PIN2 code and tap OK. Additional settings Fixed dialing numbers. 2. Tap FDN list. Important! Not all SIM cards use a PIN2 code. If your SIM card 3.
Vibrate Hearing aids This option allows you select vibration settings. This option allows you to turn on Hearing aid compatibility on your device. 1. From the Home screen, tap Call settings 1. From the Home screen, tap Call Vibrate. settings. 2.
Use Internet calling Your device can make calls over the Internet using VoIP (Voice over Internet Protocol) using a SIP account. 1. From the Home screen, tap Call settings Use Internet calling. 2. Tap one of the following options: • For all calls when mobile network available: your phone will always use Internet calling when there is an available network.
Section 4: Entering Text Entering Text Using the Samsung This section describes how to select the desired text input Keyboard method when entering characters into your phone. This section also describes the predictive text entry system that From a screen where you can enter text, rotate your phone reduces the amount of key strokes associated with entering counterclockwise to a Landscape orientation.
Changing the Text Input Mode - Keypad There are two main keypad layout keys that will change the on-screen keys within the QWERTY keypad. The available Text Input modes are: Sym and Abc. Symbol/Numeric Mode: activates the number, symbol, and emoticon keys. ABC Mode: activates the default alphabet keys.
Using Symbol/Numeric Mode Predictive Text Use Symbol/Numeric Mode to add numbers, symbols, or By using the Predictive Text option, you can have next-letter emoticons. prediction and regional error correction, which compensates for pressing the wrong keys on the QWERTY keyboard. 1.
Samsung Keyboard Settings 4. At the Listening prompt, speak clearly and distinctly into the microphone. For information on how you can configure your Samsung 5. The text is displayed in the message as you are keyboard settings, see “Samsung Keyboard settings” on speaking.
Section 5: Contacts and Your Address Book This section allows you to manage your daily contacts by Your Address Book is displayed. storing their name and number in your Address Book. 2. If you have not synchronized your phone with your Address Book entries can be sorted by name, entry, or group.
4. If there are existing contacts on your phone, you will be • Picture: retrieve a previously stored image from your Gallery or prompted if you would like to remove them first. Tap from your My files folder and assign it to this entry. Tap an Yes or No.
to add another Phone number field or tap to add another address field or tap to delete a field. delete a field. 7. Tap the Email address field. 11. Tap any of the following fields that you want to add to your new contact: The keypad is displayed.
Adding Pauses to Contact Numbers Editing an Existing Contact When you call automated systems, you are often required to When editing an existing contact, you can tap a field and enter a password or account number. Instead of manually change or delete the information, or you can add additional entering the numbers each time, you can store the numbers fields to the contact’s list of information.
Finding an Address Book Entry 3. Tap the contact you wish to call or message. You can store phone numbers and their corresponding 4. Tap the phone icon to make a phone call or tap the names onto your SIM card and phone’s onboard memory. message icon to send a message.
Joining Contacts For more information about synchronizing accounts, see “Synchronizing Accounts” on page 73. Joining Contact Information 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts Many people now maintain multiple email accounts, social 2. Tap a contact name (the name you want to join to networking logins, and other similar account information.
Unjoining a Contact 3. Press Mark as default. The Mark as default screen displays radio buttons next to the contact 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts names or phone numbers of all the linked contacts. 2. Tap a contact name (the account name from which you The radio button next to the default contact will be want to unlink an entry).
4. Tap Sync all to synchronize all accounts. • Merge with Samsung account: allows you to merge your – or – contacts together with your Samsung account contacts. • Merge with Google: allows you to merge your contacts next to the account you want to sync, then tap together with your Google account contacts.
2. Tap a contact and at the contact’s display screen, press • Print namecard: allows you to print the contact’s namecard to a Samsung printer using Wi-Fi. 3. The following options are displayed: Groups •...
5. Tap Done. 3. Tap Group ringtone to choose an audio file for assignment to this new group. Choose from Default, The contact is added to the group. Ringtones, or Go to My files. Removing a Contact From a Group 4.
7. Tap Save to save the edited Group category. 4. The gold star will no longer appear next to the contact Address Book Favorites in the Address Book. Managing Address Book Contacts Once you have stored phone numbers in the Address Book, you can add them to your Favorites list.
3. Tap the contacts to place a checkmark adjacent to • Repeat this step for all individual entries you wish copied to those entries you wish to have copied to the SIM card. your phone or tap Select all to place a checkmark alongside all •...
Deleting Address Book Entries from the Phone Note: This menu is available only when your SIM card You can delete Phone or SIM entries from your phone’s supports Service Dialing Numbers. memory. 1. From the Home screen, tap Contacts 2. Within the Contacts list, touch and hold a contact that you want to delete 3.
5. Tap Accept to continue or Decline to exit. Media Hub The Media Hub screen displays. Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie 6. At the Media Hub screen, What’s New is displayed with and TV content. With hundreds of titles available at your recently added media that you can rent or purchase.
• 9. At the Details screen, follow the on-screen instructions Media Content is downloaded and saved onto the SD card. to create a Samsung account and make a purchase. • Your Media Content may pause/stop or not download in networks 10.
Music Player Volume control. The Music Player is an application that can play music files. Repeat one: repeats the currently playing song. The music player supports files with extensions AAC, AAC+, Repeat all: replays the current list when the list eAAC+, MP3, WMA, 3GP, MP4, and M4A.
• Add to playlist: allows you to add the current music file to a • Play speed: set the play speed anywhere between 0.5X and selected playlist. 2.0X using the slider. • Details: allows you to view media info such as Artist, Title, •...
Editing a Playlist 3. Press Create playlist. 4. Type a name for this playlist in the field and tap OK. Besides adding and removing music files in a playlist, you Adding Music to a Playlist can also rename the playlist. To edit a playlist: To add files to the playlist: 1.
Video Player 4. At the Get free music screen, tap Get free songs or Skip. 5. Follow the on-screen instructions for getting your free The Video Player application plays video files stored on your music. microSD card. All music on your device and external SD card is 1.
Play Movies PIP (Picture In Picture) view. The video will be played in a small window so you can use With Google Play Movies, you can rent thousands of different your phone for other purposes while watching movies. You can watch instantly, or download your movie for the video.
All of the Albums that hold your pictures and videos will • Share via : allows you to share the picture via Group Cast, be displayed with folder name and number of files. ChatON, Flipboard, Picasa, Google+, S Memo, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi Direct, Messaging, Gmail, or Email.
Camera 1. From the main Home screen, tap Camera to activate the camera mode. This section explains how to use the camera on your phone. 2. Using the phone’s main display screen as a viewfinder, You can take photographs and shoot video by using the built- in camera functionality.
Front Charger on Storage Location Facing Camera / Camcorder Mode: allows you to take a photo Camera in various modes. Once you change the mode, the Mode corresponding indicator appears at the top left of the Flash display. Slide the button up for Camera, or down for Camera Shooting Camcorder.
• Smile shot: the camera focuses on the face of your Focus mode: allows you to set this option to Auto focus, subject. Once the camera detects the person’s Macro, or Face detection. Use Macro mode to take smile, it takes the picture. close-up pictures.
Exposure value: allows you to adjust the brightness ISO: ISO determines how sensitive the light meter is on level by moving the slider. your digital camera. Choose from Auto, 100, 200, 400, or 800. Use a lower ISO number to make your camera Focus mode: allows you to set this option to Auto focus, less sensitive to light, a higher ISO number to take Macro, or Face detection.
Viewing your Pictures GPS tag: allows you to turn GPS On or Off (also known After you take a photo, you can access various options from as Geotagging). The location of where the picture is the Image Viewer. The Image Viewer uses your Gallery. For taken is attached to the picture.
3. Using the phone’s main display screen as a viewfinder, 10. Once the file has been saved, tap the image viewer, adjust the image by aiming the camcorder at the then tap to play your video for review. subject. 11. Press to return to the viewer.
Flash: allows you to set the flash options to Off or On. Exposure value: allows you to adjust the brightness When you set the flash to On, it stays on continually level by moving the slider. while you are taking a video. Timer: allows you to set a timer for how long to wait before taking a video.
Storage: allows you to configure the default storage location for images or videos as either Phone or Memory card (if inserted). Reset: allows you to reset all camera or camcorder settings to the default values. Image viewer: allows you to access the Image viewer and the various viewing options for a selected video.
Section 7: Messaging This section describes how to send and receive different Important! When creating a message, adding an image, a types of messages. It also includes the features and sound file, or a video clip to a text message functionality associated with messaging.
Message Options 3. If adding a recipient from your Contacts, tap the Options before composing a message contact to place a checkmark then tap Done. The contact will be placed in the recipient field. 1. From the main Home screen, tap Messaging 2.
• • Add text: allows you to copy text from your contacts, calendar, Videos: allows you to choose an existing video from the Videos or from a memo to add to your message. This is a convenient list, then add it to your message. feature for adding names, phone numbers, events, etc.
Adding Additional Text – or – You can copy text such as names, phone numbers, and From the main Home screen, tap Messaging then events from your Contacts, Calendar or a Memo. tap the new message to view it. 1. While composing a message, press Add text.
• View contact: displays the contact’s information. This option 5. At the Delete prompt, tap OK to delete or Cancel to only displays if the sender is in your Contacts list. cancel. Message Search • Add to Contacts: displays the Contacts information screen. This option only displays if the sender is not in your Contacts You can search through your messages by using the list.
• Background style: allows you to choose from several • Input mode: allows you to set the input mode for your text background styles for your messages. messages. Choose between GSM Alphabet, Unicode, or Automatic. • Use the volume key: allows you to change the text size by using the up or down volume keys.
• Channel configuration: allows you to set up the channel that 6. At the Account options screen, tap the Email check you will receive CB messages on. frequency drop-down list box and select how often you would like your email to be checked. Notifications settings: 7.
7. Enter all the Exchange server information, Domain, 4. Enter the information required to set up another User name and Password, then tap Next. account. For more information, refer to “Creating an Email Account” on page 102. 8. At the Activation prompt, tap OK. Switching Between Email Accounts The Account options screen is displayed.
Signing into Your Gmail 6. Tap to send. Viewing a Gmail Message Note: You must sign in to your Gmail account in order to 1. From the Gmail Inbox, tap a message to view it. access Gmail. 2. The following options are available at the bottom of the screen after a message has been selected: 1.
• Help: displays the Google.com webpage so you can search the 2. From the Home screen, tap Talk web for help. 3. Begin using Google Talk. • Send feedback: allows you to send feedback or report a 4. Press Help for more information on using problem.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to use Google+. 7. In the bottom message field, enter a message then tap 5. Visit www.google.com/mobile/+/ for more information. Messages App Messenger AT&T Messages brings your texts, calls, and voicemail Messenger allows you to bring groups of friends together into messages together into a single conversation thread and is a simple group conversation.
Verification field is automatically filled in. For more information, visit: https://web.samsungchaton.com. Registering with the Service 6. Enter your real name and tap 1. Confirm you have already logged in to your Samsung account. Note: There should be no (Samsung account icon) in the Notifications area of the screen.
ChatON 2. Tap Add buddy and choose a search method. • Address : to search by Country code and phone number. • Search by Samsung Account ID : to search by using a known samsung account ID. Text Message 3. Enter the information and tap .
Deleting a single message bubble 1. From the Home screen, tap ChatON 2. Launch a chat session to reveal the message string. 3. Touch and hold a message bubble, then select Delete. Messaging...
Section 8: Changing Your Settings Advanced Wi-Fi Settings This section explains the settings used for customizing your device. The advanced Wi-Fi settings allow you to set up and manage Accessing Settings wireless access points. 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Wi-Fi.
Bluetooth settings • Device Name: Your device’s default name displays on screen. Tap to change the device name. Available when Bluetooth is In this menu you can activate Bluetooth, view or assign a turned On. device name, activate your phone so other Bluetooth devices can discover it, or scan for other, available Bluetooth devices •...
Airplane mode The data usage displays as a visual (chart) and also displays a list of each application with a breakdown of Airplane mode allows you to use many of your phone’s how much data was used per application. features, such as Camera, Games, and more, when you are in an airplane or in any other area where making or receiving Note: Data is measured by your device.
Adding a VPN and more. Before you add a VPN you must determine which VPN 1. From your PC, download the Samsung Kies application protocol to use: PPTP (Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol), if you don’t already have it. You can find it at L2TP (Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol), L2TP/IPSec PSK (Pre- samsung.com.
Portable Wi-Fi hotspot • L2TP/IPSec RSA 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings More • IPSec Xauth PSK settings Tethering and portable hotspots Portable • IPSec Xauth RSA Wi-Fi hotspot. • IPSec Hybrid RSA 2. Turn Portable Wi-Fi hotspots on by tapping the slider so 6.
Connecting to Portable Wi-Fi hotspot from other 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings More devices settings. 1. Activate Wi-Fi on the device that wants to connect to 2. Tap NFC to create a checkmark and activate the your phone. feature.
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings More 3. Verify Wi-Fi Direct is enabled and you are paired with settings S Beam. the device you wish to detect and share content with. 2. Tap the OFF / ON icon to turn S Beam on 4.
13. Tap Upload from other devices, then select the actions 2. Tap Data roaming to create a checkmark and activate you’ll take when you upload content from other the feature. Access Point Names devices. Choose from either Always accept, Always ask, or Always reject.
Sound Settings Important! You must deactivate data service prior to searching From this menu you can control the sounds on the phone. for an available network. From the Home screen, tap Settings Sound. 3. Tap Search networks to manually search for a network. The following options display: 4.
Volume Device vibration The Volume option allows you to change the volume for all This option allows you to set your phone to vibrate and ring. phone sounds in one easy location. 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Sound. 1.
1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Sound. • Brightness: configures the LCD Brightness levels. Tap Automatic brightness to allow the phone to self-adjust or drag 2. Tap any of the following options to create a checkmark the slider and tap OK. and activate the feature: •...
• Display battery percentage: allows you to see the battery • Missed event: LED lights up when you have missed calls, charge percentage next to the battery charge icon at the top of messages, or application events. Motion the display. •...
• Tilt to zoom: Once enabled, you must be on a screen where • Palm swipe to capture: Once enabled, you can capture any content can be zoomed. In a single motion, touch and hold two on-screen information swiping across the screen. In a single points on the display then tilt the tilt the device back and forth to motion, press the side of your hand on the screen and swipe zoom in or out.
SD card • Screen power saving: allows you to lower the screen power level. Tap Unmount SD card to unmount your SD card so that • Background color: allows you to change the background color you can safely remove it, then tap OK. on email and internet to save power.
2. Tap Screen, Cell standby, Android System, Android OS, 2. Tap Downloaded, Running, or All to display memory or any other listed application to view how it is usage for that category of applications. affecting battery use. The graph at the bottom of the Downloaded tab shows used and free device memory.
Accounts and Sync Running Services View and control services running on your device. This menu allows you to set up, manage, and synchronize 1. From a Home screen, tap Settings accounts, including your Google and email accounts. Synchronizing Accounts Application manager. 2.
Removing an Account • Use GPS satellites: allows applications to use GPS to pinpoint your location. Important! Removing an account also deletes all of its • Location and Google search: allows Google to use your messages, contacts, and other data from the location data for improved search results and other services.
• Pattern: A screen unlock pattern is a touch gesture you create • Camera quick access provides you with quick access to the and use to unlock your device. Follow the prompts to create or camera function from the Lock screen. When this option has change your screen unlock pattern.
3. Tap Encrypt SD card to enable the encryption on SD Note: These options vary depending on the selected Lock card data that requires a password be entered each settings. time the microSD card is connected. Owner information Tip: Make sure your battery is charged more than 80 percent. This option allows you to show owner information on the lock Encryption may take an hour or more.
Device Administrators 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Security. The Device Administration feature allows you to select one or 2. Tap Set up SIM card lock. more administration applications that control your device for security purposes (for example, if your phone is lost of 3.
Unknown sources • User: Displays any CA certificates that you installed, for example, in the process of installing a client certificate. This feature allows you to download and install non-Market applications. 3. Tap a CA certificate to examine its details. 1.
Language and input. Security. 2. Tap Default and select a keyboard. 2. Tap Clear credentials to remove all certificates. Select Samsung keyboard. Language and Input 3. Tap Configure input methods. This menu allows you to configure the language in which to 4.
Google voice typing settings • Input language sets the input language. Tap a language from the available list. The keyboard is updated to the selected From this menu you can set Samsung keyboard options. language. 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings •...
7. Tap the Next word prediction field to enable word • Tutorial launches a brief on-screen tutorial covering the main prediction for the next word. concepts related to the Samsung keyboard. 8. Tap the Auto-append field to automatically add • Reset settings resets the keyboard settings back to their predictions to the word you are typing.
Open Source Licenses. 2. Tap Voice recognizer and select either Google or • Install voice data: allows you to install voice data for speech Samsung powered by Vlingo as your Voice recognition synthesis. engine. 4. From the Text-to speech output screen, scroll down to 3.
Backup Account • Driving mode: Incoming calls and new notifications are read aloud when enabled. Tap the slider to enable, then tap Driving If you have enabled the Back up my data option, then the mode to display the Driving mode settings. Backup account option is available.
The Factory data reset screen displays reset 4. Tap Desk home screen display to display the desk home information. screen when the phone is docked. Date and Time 3. Tap Reset device, then follow the prompts to perform the reset. This menu allows you to change the current time and date displayed.
8. Tap Select date format and tap the date format type. 6. Tap the Accessibility shortcut option to allow the Accessibility accessibility shortcut under the device options to be used by pressing and holding the power key. Accessibility services are special features to make using the 7.
11. Tap the Font size field to change the size of the fonts 2. Tap USB debugging to enable or disable the setting. used on the device within menus, options, etc. Choose When enabled, a check mark appears in the check box. Development Device ID from: Tiny, Small, Normal, Large, or Huge.
3. In the Settings screen, enter the current full backup • Window animation scale: Configure the scale for animation password, the new password for full backups, then (ranges from off to 10x). enter the new password again. • Transition animation scale: Configure the scale for 4.
About Device • Legal information: This option displays information about Open source licenses as well as Google legal information. This This menu contains legal information, system tutorial information clearly provides copyright and distribution legal information, and other phone information such as the model information and facts as well as Google Terms of Service, number, firmware version, baseband version, kernal version, and software build number.
Software Update The AT&T Software Update feature enables you to use your phone to connect to the network and upload any new phone software directly to your phone. The phone automatically updates with the latest available software when you access this option.
Section 9: Connections Zooming in and out of the Browser This section describes the various connections your phone can make including accessing the Internet with your There are several ways to Zoom in and out on your browser. Browser, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Connecting your PC. After tapping on a link or article, use one of these methods: Internet •...
• Print: allows you to print the screen or web page on a Home screen. Samsung printer using Wi-Fi. • Share page: allows you to share the page using Gmail or as a • Settings: allows you to modify your web settings. For more message.
Adding and Deleting Windows To add a new incognito window: 1. From your browser window, tap (Windows) You can have up to eight Internet windows open at one time. (Incognito). To add a new window, follow these steps: 1. From your browser, press New window 2.
The Bookmarks page is displayed. • Share link: Allows you to share a URL address using many different options. 2. Press to display the following options: • Copy link URL: Allows you to copy the URL address to use in a •...
Deleting Bookmarks A list of your most recently visited websites is displayed with Name and URL address. 1. From the Bookmarks page, tap and hold the bookmark you want to delete. 2. Tap on a category such as Today, Last 7 days, or Most 2.
• Set home page: Sets the current home page for the Web • Enable location: Allows websites to request access to your browser. location. • Form auto-fill: allows you to fill in web forms with a single tap. • Clear location access: Clears location access for all websites. Tap OK to complete the process.
Advanced • Block pop-ups: Prevents popup advertisement or windows from appearing onscreen. Remove the checkmark to disable • Select search engine: allows you to set your default search this function. engine to Google, Yahoo!, or Bing. • Text encoding: Adjusts the current text encoding. •...
Wi-Fi Connect to a Wi-Fi Network About Wi-Fi 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Wi-Fi. The network names and security settings (Open Wi-Fi (short for "wireless fidelity"and sometimes referred to network or Secured with WEP) of detected Wi-Fi as wifi) is a term used for certain types of Wireless Local networks are displayed in the Wi-Fi networks section.
Wi-Fi Status Indicators 5. Tap Save to store the new information and connect to your target WAP. The following icons show your Wi-Fi connection status at a glance: Note: The next time your device connects to a previously Displays when Wi-Fi is connected, active, and accessed or secured wireless network, you are not communicating with a Wireless Access Point prompted to enter the WAP key again, unless you reset...
To access the Bluetooth Settings menu: 6. Once the device you want to connect to is displayed, 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings Wi-Fi. tap on it. 2. Tap Advanced. 7. The other device has 2 minutes to tap Accept for the connection to be made.
S Beam 4. The other device will receive a prompt to receive the information and must tap Accept. When S Beam is activated, you can beam files to another 5. The file is transferred and the other device will receive NFC-capable device by holding the devices close together.
• To turn Bluetooth off: Setting your device’s visibility (or “discoverability”) for other 1. From the Home screen, tap Settings. Bluetooth devices • 2. Tap the ON/OFF slider, located to the right of the Displaying your device’s Bluetooth address Bluetooth field, to turn Bluetooth OFF To access the Bluetooth Settings menu: Bluetooth Status Indicators 1.
2. Tap Scan. Your device will display a list of discovered Note: Your device is visible for up to 120 seconds (2 minutes). in-range Bluetooth devices. This value appears as a countdown within this field. 3. Tap a device from the list to initiate pairing. 4.
Disconnecting a paired device 3. Tap Unpair to delete the paired device. Disconnecting a paired device breaks the connection 4. Tap Rename to change the name of the paired device. between the device and your phone, but retains the 5. Tap Call audio to enable or disable call audio from the knowledge of the pairing.
Windows XP Service Pack 3 or higher installed on your You can connect your device to a PC using your PC data computer. Also, ensure that you have Samsung Kies 2.0 cable using various USB connection modes. or Windows Media Player 10 or higher installed on your Storage: allows you to use the onboard storage capacity of computer.
1. Connect the USB cable to the device and connect the 6. Tap the Remember for today checkbox if you will be cable to the computer. After a few seconds, a pop-up using Kies air with the same PC later. window displays on the PC when connected.
Fi Settings” on page 110. For more information, an application as a primary shortcut, the application icon refer to “Creating a Samsung Account” on page will not be displayed in the Apps menu. For more information, refer to “Adding and Removing Primary Shortcuts”...
Configuring AllShare Settings 1. Confirm you have already logged in to your Samsung account. There should be no icon in the The AllShare Play™ application must first be configured Notifications area of the screen. prior to its initial use. You must setup parameters such as connected Wi-Fi, Items to share, source server address, and 2.
Note: If you already have a current Sugar Sync account, tap Play by requiring a user enter the currently active and Sign in. associated Samsung account password. Tap Locking AllShare Play to activate/deactivate the feature. 4. Enter in your Email address and your password.
1. Launch AllShare on the target device (such as an Confirm (AllShare Controller enabled) appears in Internet TV, Samsung Tablet, etc.). the Notification area at the top of the device to indicate you are using your device as the media source.
6. To view calculator history, tap located at the 3. Tap (Create event) to create a new Calendar top of the calculator buttons. A history of your past event. calculations is displayed. Tap again to display 4. Tap Today to display the current date indicated by a the calculator keypad.
4. Tap Hide declined events to activate this option. A check 13. Tap Swipe with two fingers to change the way events mark indicates selection. are displayed when swiped. Camera 5. Tap Lock time zone (to lock event time based on your current user-selected time zone).
1. From the Home screen, tap Clock • Smart alarm: tracks body movements and calculates the best Alarm Create alarm . The following options time for sounding the alarm. Place the phone somewhere on display: your bed then the phone's movement sensor (also known as •...
2. Tap the alarm or alarms you wish to delete. A green 7. If Daylight Savings Time is selected, the sun symbol on checkmark will appear next to each selection. Tap the World Clock listing will appear orange. Deleting a World Clock Entry Select all to delete all alarms.
1. From the Home screen, tap Clock 4. The following options are displayed while in full-screen Timer. mode: • Hide status bar: when this is checked, the status bar is hidden 2. The Minutes field is highlighted and set to 1 minute. from view.
For more information, refer to “Contacts and Your Address 5. Tap Sort by date to see your downloads sorted in time Book” on page 67. order. DeviceHelp Email DeviceHelp provides online information to help with your Email enables you to review and create email using various device questions.
Gallery Internet The Gallery is where you view photos and play back videos. Open the web browser to start surfing the web. The browser For photos, you can also perform basic editing tasks, view a is fully optimized and comes with advanced functionality to slideshow, set photos as wallpaper or contact image, and enhance the Internet browsing feature on your phone.
Sharing your Location with Friends Latitude Options 1. From the Latitude map screen, tap FRIENDS LIST to From the map display, press to display the display your Latitude friends. At first, only your name is following options: displayed. • Clear Map: allows you to remove all markings and layers from 2.
– Labs: this is a testing ground for experimental features that Important! Before using Google Maps you must have at least aren’t ready for primetime. They may change, break or an active data (3G) connection. The Maps disappear at any time. Click on a Lab to enable or disable it. application does not cover every country or city.
Google Maps. Media Hub – Display: allows you to display the Zoom Buttons and Scale Bar Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie on the screen. and TV content. You can rent or purchase your favorite –...
Messaging • Android: the Android folder stores files that are used in Android applications. You can send and receive different types of messages. For • Application: this folder contains app info for S Memo. more information, refer to “Messaging” on page 96. Messenger •...
5. Follow the on-screen instructions. Note: Different folders may appear depending on how your Using myAT&T phone is configured. 1. From the Home screen, tap myAT&T myAT&T The myAT&T page is displayed. The myAT&T application allows you to manage your own 2.
Navigation Options • around high-voltage or electromagnetic fields • in a vehicle with tinted windows The map displays with your location in the center. Launching Navigation Press for the following options: • Set Destination: displays the Choose Destination screen 1. From the Home screen, tap Navigation where you can speak or type your destination.
The Places application allows you to find the best sources for 3. Follow the on-screen instructions for using the Play business information across the web, including business Books application. Play Movies listing details, reviews, photos, nearby public transit, and other related information. Business owners can provide With Google Play Movies, you can rent thousands of different additional details, like photos, hours of operation, and movies.
3. The first time you sign in, the Play Store Terms of to start a new memo in text mode with the Service will be displayed. Tap Accept to continue or keypad displayed or tap to start a new memo in Decline to exit.
Displays the keypad to you can add text. Toolbar Add Title Secondary Toolbar Eraser tool allows you to erase marks and drawings. Show/Hide Writing Secondary Toolbar Undo the last action. Modes Writing area Redo the last action that was undone. Make a voice recording to add to the memo.
Note: Access to this feature requires that you already be Choose from: Picture, Take picture, Clip Art, Clipboard, or Map. logged in to your Samsung account application. For • Add tag: allows you to set tags to add in searches.
S Voice Home screen. For more information, ???. Settings 2. Read the Samsung Disclaimer then tap Confirm to continue. This widget navigates to the sound and phone settings for 3. Read the Vlingo Terms of Service then tap Agree to your phone.
Video Player 4. Tap List to display a list of all your voice recordings. Tap a voice recording to play it. The Video Player application plays video files stored on your 5. Press to display the following options: memory card. For more information, refer to “Video Player” on page 85.
4. If you prefer high quality video, as the video starts to Note: You can also access the Voice recorder settings by play, tap HQ. tapping 5. Tap to go to your camcorder so you can take your YouTube own videos. For more information, refer to “Using the Camcorder”...
10. Pinch the map screen inwards to zoom out or pinch it Note: The first time you use YP, you will need to download the outwards to zoom in. updated application from the Market. When the Market 11. Tap a pin to read information about the location. page displays, tap Update or Install then follow the 12.
Section 11: Health and Safety Information with RF energy, these studies have failed to be replicated. This section outlines the safety precautions associated with The majority of studies published have failed to show an using your phone. The terms “mobile device” or “cell phone” association between exposure to radio frequency from a cell are used in this section to refer to your phone.
Interphone Study The energy levels associated with radio frequency energy, including both radio waves and microwaves, are not great Interphone is a large international study designed to enough to cause ionization of atoms and molecules. determine whether cell phones increase the risk of head and Therefore, RF energy is a type of non-ionizing radiation.
International Cohort Study on Mobile Phone Users Surveillance, Epidemiology, and End Results (SEER) (COSMOS) Program of the National Cancer Institute The COSMOS study aims to conduct long-term health The National Cancer Institute (NCI) actively follows cancer monitoring of a large group of people to determine if there statistics in the United States to detect any change in rates of are any health issues linked to long-term exposure to radio new cases for brain cancer.
The FDA also is working with voluntary standard-setting Headsets can substantially reduce exposure because the bodies such as the Institute of Electrical and Electronics phone is held away from the head in the user's hand or in Engineers (IEEE), the International Commission on approved body-worn accessories.
Studies have shown that these products generally do not Additional information on the safety of RF exposures from work as advertised. Unlike “hands-free” kits, these so-called various sources can be obtained from the following “shields” may interfere with proper operation of the phone. organizations (updated 10/1/2010): The phone may be forced to boost its power to compensate, •...
• US Food and Drug Administration: expressed in units of watts per kilogram (W/kg). The FCC requires wireless phones to comply with a safety limit of 1.6 http://www.fda.gov/Radiation-EmittingProducts/ watts per kilogram (1.6 W/kg). RadiationEmittingProductsandProcedures/ The FCC SAR limit incorporates a substantial margin of safety HomeBusinessandEntertainment/CellPhones/default.htm.
SAR levels evaluated as in compliance with the FCC Samsung could void your authority to operate the device. RF exposure guidelines. The maximum SAR values for this This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules.
Samsung is committed to promoting responsible on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference driving and giving drivers the tools they need to understand by one or more of the following measures: and address distractions.
If the phone and/or battery get wet, have them checked Never mount this device in a manner that will obstruct the by your service provider or contact Samsung, even if they appear driver's clear view of the street and traffic.
Use of a non-Samsung-approved battery or charger may safe disposal options, contact your nearest Samsung-authorized present a risk of fire, explosion, leakage, or other hazard. Samsung's warranty does not cover damage to the phone service center. caused by non-Samsung-approved batteries and/or •...
The Samsung Mobile Take-Back Program will provide accessories may not be available in your area. Samsung customers with a free recycling mailing label. We've made it easy for you to recycle your old Samsung Just go to mobile device by working with respected take-back http://www.samsung.com/us/aboutsamsung/citizenship/...
Follow local regulations regarding disposal of mobile FOR CONNECTION TO A SUPPLY NOT IN NORTH devices and batteries AMERICA, USE AN ATTACHMENT PLUG ADAPTOR OF THE PROPER CONFIGURATION FOR THE Dispose of your mobile device and batteries in accordance POWER OUTLET. with local regulations.
GPS & AGPS may be shared with third-parties, including your wireless service provider, applications providers, Samsung, and other Certain Samsung mobile devices can use a Global Positioning third-parties providing services. System (GPS) signal for location-based applications. A GPS Use of AGPS in Emergency Calls uses satellites controlled by the U.S.
• Remain on the mobile device for as long as the emergency make or receive any calls, the mobile device must be switched on and in a service area with adequate signal responder instructs you. Navigation strength. Emergency calls may not be possible on all wireless mobile Maps, directions, and other navigation-data, including data device networks or when certain network services and/or relating to your current location, may contain inaccurate or...
Do not expose your mobile device to dust, dirt, or sand. years: Cleaning solutions Keep your Samsung Mobile Device away from: Do not use harsh chemicals, cleaning solvents, or strong Liquids of any kind detergents to clean the mobile device. Wipe it with a soft Keep the mobile device dry.
Responsible Listening that are used. As a result, there is no single volume setting that is appropriate for everyone or for every combination of Caution! Avoid potential hearing loss. sound, settings, and equipment. You should follow some common sense recommendations Damage to hearing occurs when a person is exposed to loud when using any portable audio device: sounds over time.
• Limit the amount of time you listen. As the volume increases, less National Institute on Deafness and Other time is required before you hearing could be affected. Communication Disorders • Avoid using headphones after exposure to extremely loud noises, National Institutes of Health such as rock concerts, that might cause temporary hearing loss.
Implantable Medical Devices Email: email@example.com A minimum separation of six (6) inches should be maintained Internet: between a handheld wireless mobile device and an http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/ implantable medical device, such as a pacemaker or default.html implantable cardioverter defibrillator, to avoid potential 1-888-232-6348 TTY interference with the device.
Other Medical Devices or fire resulting in bodily injury or even death. Users are advised to switch the mobile device off while at a refueling If you use any other personal medical devices, consult the point (service station). manufacturer of your device to determine if it is adequately shielded from external RF energy.
FCC Hearing Aid Compatibility (HAC) be able to use a rated mobile device successfully. Trying out Regulations for Wireless Devices the mobile device with your hearing device is the best way to evaluate it for your personal needs. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission (FCC) has M-Ratings: Wireless mobile devices rated M3 or M4 meet established requirements for digital wireless mobile devices FCC requirements and are likely to generate less interference...
hearing aid meets the M2 level rating and the wireless The HAC rating and measurement procedure are described in mobile device meets the M3 level rating, the sum of the two the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) C63.19 values equals M5. standard.
Keep the mobile device and all its parts and accessories out Although your mobile device is quite sturdy, it is a complex of the reach of small children. piece of equipment and can be broken. Avoid dropping, FCC Notice and Cautions hitting, bending, or sitting on it.
• • For vehicles equipped with an air bag, remember that an air bag Reduce risk of repetitive motion injuries. When you repetitively inflates with great force. Do not place objects, including installed perform actions, such as pressing keys, drawing characters on a or portable wireless equipment near or in the area over the air touch screen with your fingers, or playing games, you may bag or in the air bag deployment area.
Case/Pouch/Holster 90 Days SAMSUNG; (g) defects or damage resulting from improper Other Phone Accessories 1 Year testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by SAMSUNG;...
(iii) the battery has return the Product to an authorized phone service facility in been used in equipment other than the SAMSUNG phone for an adequate container for shipping, accompanied by the which it is specified.
ALLOW LIMITATIONS ON HOW LONG AN IMPLIED WARRANTY claims, whether in advertising, presentations or otherwise, LASTS, OR THE DISCLAIMER OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL on behalf of SAMSUNG regarding the Products or this Limited OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS Warranty.
For any arbitration in which your total damage claims, exclusive of attorney fees and expert witness fees, are ALL DISPUTES WITH SAMSUNG ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM $5,000.00 or less (“Small Claim”), the arbitrator may, if you THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE SALE, CONDITION OR...
You may opt out of this dispute resolution procedure by Severability providing notice to SAMSUNG no later than 30 calendar days If any portion of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or from the date of the first consumer purchaser’s purchase of the unenforceable, such partial illegality or unenforceability shall Product.
2012 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. All DISCONTINUE USE OF THE SOFTWARE. rights reserved. 1. GRANT OF LICENSE. Samsung grants you the following No reproduction in whole or in part allowed without prior rights provided that you comply with all terms and conditions written approval.
EULA) and you may not retain any copies of the Software. 4. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that Samsung and The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a its affiliates may collect and use technical information consignment.
License will terminate automatically without sponsorship, or recommendation of, or affiliation with the notice from Samsung if you fail to comply with any of the third-party or its products and services. Purchaser agrees terms and conditions of this EULA. Upon termination of this...
EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, APPLICATIONS, OR TO CREATE ANY WARRANTY. SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED, 11. Limitation of Liability. SAMSUNG WILL NOT BE LIABLE OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR...
SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL rights as are granted to all other end users pursuant to the DAMAGES EVEN IF SAMSUNG HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE terms and conditions herein. All Software and Products POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO...
The award of arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties. 14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY. This EULA is the entire agreement between you and Samsung relating to the Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software or any other subject matter covered by this EULA.
Section 13: Samsung Product Registration Sign Up Now Customize your Samsung device experience • Activate product warranty • Access to a personalized My Samsung Mobile account • No monthly fees Get More • Latest info on promotions, events and special offers on related products •...
Index Managing Address Book Contacts AT&T Music Playlists 83 Abc mode 64 Service Dialing Numbers 79 AT&T Navigator 162 About Device 140 Using Contacts List 70 Accounts and Synchronization set- Address Book Options 74 tings 125 Back key 30 Airplane mode 112 Adding a New Contact Battery Alarm 164...
Searching for a Number in Children and Cell Phones 189 Address Book 56 Clock 127 Calculator 162 Using the Speakerphone 55 Contacts 67 Calendar 163 Viewing All Calls 49 Cookies Call Functions 45 Viewing Missed Calls 49 Emptying 146 3-Way Calling (Multi-Party Calling) Camcorder 92 Creating a Playlist 83 Camcorder Options 93...
Switching Between Email Group Settings Accounts 103 Editing a Caller Group 76 Gallery 86 Emergency Calls 198 viewing pictures 87 Making 46 viewing videos 87 Health and Safety Information 185 With SIM 46 Gestures Home City Without SIM 46 Browse Image 32 Setting 127 Entering Text 63 Overview 31...
Messenger 106 microSD card 7 Keyboard Input Methods 131 Maps 171 Installing 8 Keyboard settings 132 Market 172 Removing 8 Keypad Media Hub 26 microSDHC card 7 Changing Text Input 64 Memory Card 43 Mobile Web 142 Kies via Wi-Fi 113 Memory Card Installation 7 Entering Text in the Mobile Web Menu...
Set Wake-Up Command 127 NFC 157 On 11 Safe Mode 15 Privacy settings Samsung Apps 181 factory data reset 135 Operating Environment 202 Samsung Mobile Products and Recy- Other Important Safety Information cling 195 QWERTY keypad 63 Screen Capture 33...
SD Card 43 Symbol/Numeric mode 65 Features of Your Phone 16 Security settings Synchronization settings Front View 17 device administration 129 auto-sync 126 Rear View 19 trusted credentials 130 System Recovery 14 Side Views 18 Service Dialing Numbers 79 Unmute 53 Settings 110 USB settings T9 Trace 132...
Web 142 Widgets Calculator 24 Camera 24 Email 25 Gmail 25 Settings 28 Video Player 29 Voice Recorder 29 YouTube 29 Wi-Fi 149 using Kies via Wi-Fi 113 Wi-Fi Direct 116 World Clock Deleting an Entry 166 World clock 166 YouTube 183 YPmobile (Yellowpages mobile) 183...