This provides the cleaning power behind the Karcher Pressure Washer. A Karcher Pressure Washer can be used for an endless list of applications around the home and garden. It provides an efficient, economical and labour saving way of cleaning with excellent results.
INDEX APPLICATIONS SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS GETTING STARTED 3.1 Contents 3.2 Assembly 3.3 Water Connection 3.4 Electrical Connection 3.5 Suction Mode 3.6 Detergent OPERATING YOUR PRESSURE WASHER 4.1 High Pressure Operation 4.2 Low Pressure Operation Without Brush 4.3 Low Pressure Operation With Brush 4.4 End Of Operation 4.5 Storage IMPORTANT –...
• Garden tools and machinery, furniture and barbecues • Hygienic cleaning of animal pens and their surroundings With the addition of Karcher accessories, the list continues ..... • Clearing blocked drains and pipes • Removal of old paint and rust from garden furniture and gates...
BEFORE STARTING UP YOUR PRESSURE WASHER PLEASE CHECK YOU HAVE THE FOLLOWING: We recommend you purchase these items from a reputable store • RCD plug and socket that will interrupt electrical supply in an emergency. • A typical garden hose (minimum length 7.5 metres) with suitable hose connection (Hoselock/Gardena type) to match the coupling on the machine (hose and connector not supplied).
2. SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS Never use defect connection or extension lines! If the connection line is damaged, it must be replaced with a special connection line that is available from the manufacturer or his customer service. Please make sure that the connection or extension lines are not damaged by being ran over, pulled or dragged.
The appliance is not intended for use by young children or infirm persons without supervision. Young children should be supervised to ensure that they do not play with the appliance. The operator must use the appliance properly. He must take the local conditions into consideration and must pay attention to third persons, in particular children, while working with the appliance.
3. GETTING STARTED 3.1 Contents Upon opening the carton, if you do not have all the items as detailed please contact the Customer Helpline. 1 Drawing bar 2a Detergent Tank 1 2b Detergent Tank 2 2c Detergent Dosing Valve 3 Spray gun storage clip 4 Power Switch (On/Off) 5 High Pressure Hose Reel 6 Inlet Water Connection...
3.4 Suction Mode - an added benefit of the Karcher Pressure Washer • If you are drawing water from a static water supply such as a water butt disconnect the water connection/hosepipe with coupling (No.7) from the machine and replace with a suction hose and filter (Part No.
3.6 Detergent It is recommended that only cleaning agents formulated by and manufactured for Karcher should be used. Unsuitable detergents could damage your Pressure Washer and the object being cleaned. Recommended Detergents 1. Detergent tablets Karcher Clean Tabs (10 tablets per box): 10 Tablets dissolved in clean water provide 5 litres of cleaning detergent.
When cleaning painted surfaces, ensure that the paint is sound and there are no signs or rusting or blistering. It is your responsibility to check the suitability of the surface to be cleaned. Karcher (UK) Ltd. cannot be held responsible for any damaged caused.
4.1 High Pressure Operation • Switch on the pressure washer (No.4) • Ensure the Spray Lance with the Pressure Regulator (No.9) is attached securely to the Spray Gun (No.12) and the nozzle is set to the required setting (+). • Aim the lance towards the object to be cleaned making sure the recommended working distance is used (for reference see Page 10).
We recommend the following cleaning method: Step 1: Remove loose dirt by washing over the surface to be cleaned with the high pressure jet. Step 2: Spray on the detergent and leave for 1-4 minutes, so assisting the easy removal of fine dirt and associated greasy adhesions. Step 3: Finally, spray off the loosened dirt with the high pressure spray.
APPROXIMATELY ONE MINUTE In the event of a break of 5 minutes in the operation of your Karcher Pressure Washer, always switch off the pump to avoid damage due to overheating. • Switch off the pressure washer by the Power Switch (No.4) and unplug the Mains Electric Lead (No.14) from the socket.
• After using chemicals, always run fresh water through your machine. • The high pressure hose of your Karcher Pressure Washer should not be mistreated. It is designed to withstand high pressure operation so vehicles should NOT run over it, nor should it be pulled across sharp or abrasive edges.
6. ACCESSORIES A wide range of popular accessories are available from your local store selling Karcher Pressure Washers. 4.763-228 Dirt Blaster/Rotary Jet A rapidly rotating pencil jet used to remove loose paint, stubborn algae and moss from hard surfaces. 4.760-269 Triple Nozzle Lance An integral fan jet, pencil jet and low pressure chemical jet in one unit allows optimal nozzle selection.
– please refer to the diagram below AND identify the particular model of your machine by reference to the data plate on the underside. Please write, email or fax Karcher (see page 20) with any parts order you wish to place. A premium rate Help-line Number is available for...
7. PROBLEM CHECKLIST The machine you have chosen is of the highest quality. Correctly stored away from frost it should operate without problems. If a problem does arise, please check the following chart as a solution may be at hand. PROBLEM POSSIBLE CAUSE CORRECTION...
8. HELP - LINE Karcher (UK) Limited operate a help-line allowing customers to discuss any problems experienced with our products. The help-line operates during normal business hours, if you have diffi- culty getting through, please understand that there are peak periods during the day when our consultants are unable to take all calls coming in.
9. TECHNICAL DATA Power Connection Voltage ............230-240 V (AC) Current .............. 1~50 Hz Connected/Load ..........2.8 KW Mains Fuse ............13 AMP Water Connection Supply Temperature (Max) ........60 °C Supply Rate (Min) ..........10 litres per minute Supply Pressure (Max) ......(6 bar) ..0,6 MPa Supply Hose Length ..........
EU Declaration of Conformity We hereby declare that the equipment described below conforms to the relevant fundamental safety and health requirements of the appropriate EU Directives, both in its basic design and construction as well as in the version marketed by us. This declaration will cease to be valid if any modifications are made to the machine without our express approval.