SAFETY SYMBOLS PRECAUTIONS 1. Introduction 1-1. Features 1-2. Package Contents 1-3. Controls & Connectors 2. CABLE CONNECTION 2-1. Before Connecting 2-2. Connecting the Signal Cable 2-3. Connecting Two PCs to the Monitor This manual is checked under the browser settings 3.
8. ATTACHING AN ARM 9. TROUBLESHOOTING 10. CLEANING 11. SPECIFICATIONS 12. GLOSSARY APPENDIX/ANHANG/ANNEXE About TCO'03 (Applicable gray) About TCO'99 (Applicable black) FCC Declaration of Conformity Hinweis zur Ergonomie / Recycle Auskunft / Hinweise zur Auswahl des richtigen Schwenkarms für Ihren Monitor...
EIZO NANAO CORPORATION. EIZO NANAO CORPORATION is under no obligation to hold any submitted material or information confidential unless prior arrangements are made pursuant to EIZO NANAO CORPORATION's receipt of said information.
PRECAUTIONS IMPORTANT! This product has been adjusted specifically for use in the region to which it was originally shipped. If operated outside the region to which it was originally shipped, the product may not perform as stated in the specifications. To ensure personal safety and proper maintenance, please read this section and the caution statements on the unit (refer to the figure below).
Keep small objects or liquids away from the unit. Small objects accidentally falling through the ventilation slots into the cabinet or spillage into the cabinet may result in fire, electric shock, or equipment damage. If an object or liquid falls/spills into the cabinet, unplug the unit immediately. Have the unit checked by a qualified service engineer before using it again.
To disconnect the power cord, grasp the plug firmly and pull. Tugging on the cord may damage and result in fire or electric shock. The equipment must be connected to a grounded main outlet. Not doing so may cause in fire or electric shock. Use the correct voltage.
The liquid crystal which leaks from the panel is poisonous if it enters the eyes or mouth. If any part of the skin or body comes in direct contact with the panel, please wash thoroughly. If some physical symptoms result, please consult your doctor. Follow local regulation or laws for safe disposal.
Periodically clean the area around the plug. Dust, water, or oil on the plug may result in fire. Unplug the unit before cleaning it. Cleaning the unit while it is plugged into a power outlet may result in electric shock. If you plan to leave the unit unused for an extended period, disconnect the power cord from the wall socket after turning off the power switch for the safety and the power conservation.
until dew condensation disappears, otherwise it may cause some damages to it. Do not scratch or press on the panel with any sharp objects, such as a pencil or pen as this may result in damage to the panel. Do not attempt to brush with tissues as this may scratch the LCD panel.
The utility software "ScreenManager Pro for LCD" (for Windows) which can control the monitor from a PC with a mouse or keyboard is included (refer to the EIZO LCD Utility Disk). The height adjustable stand incorporated Ultra slim bezel incorporated 1-2.
EIZO LCD Utility Disk for the details. 1-3. Controls & Connectors Front (1) ScreenManager ® (2) Main Power Switch (3) Input Signal Selection Button (4) Auto Adjustment Button (5) Enter Button (6) Control Buttons* (Left, Down, Up,...
Power off *1 Directly pressing the control button without using the ActiveShot function allows you to select a FineContrast mode. The ScreenManager Main Menu and the FineContrast Menu cannot be displayed at the same time. *2 These buttons are changed to Up, Left, Right, Down when using the monitor with portrait mode. *3 Blue lighting, when the screen is displayed (Operation mode), is made to non-light, See Power Indicator..
clockwise direction 90° (See ActiveRotationII Function.)). The LCD monitor can be used with an optional arm stand by removing the stand (See ATTACHING ARM.). *5 Allows for connection of a security cable. This lock supports Kensington's MicroSaver security system. For further information, please consult: Kensington Technology Group 2855 Campus Drive, San Mateo, CA 94403 USA Tel.: 800-650-4242, x3348, Intl: 650-572-2700, x3348...
2. CABLE CONNECTION 2-1. Before Connecting Before connecting your monitor to the PC, change the display screen settings (Resolution and frequency) in accordance with the APPENDIX charts. When your computer and display support VESA DDC, the suitable resolution and the refresh rate are set by just plugging your display into the computer without any manual settings.
Video Output Signal Cable Digital Graphics board Connector / DVI (FD-C39 enclosed) Power Mac G4/G5 (DVI) Input Connector (monitor) / DVI The monitor is not compatible with a Power Mac G4/G5 ADC (Apple Display Connector). 2. Plug the power cord into the power connector on the rear of the monitor. 3.
The equipment must be connected to a grounded main outlet. Not doing so may result in fire or electric shock. 5. Turn on the monitor's Power button and then turn on the PC's power. The monitor's power indicator will light up (blue). If an image does not appear, refer to the "...
PC 1 PC 2 Signal Cable Signal Cable D-Sub (FD-C16 enclosed) (FD-C39 enclosed) (Ex.1) Analog mini 15 Analog Signal Cable Signal Cable D-Sub D-Sub (FD-C16 enclosed) (FD-C16 optional) (Ex.2) Analog mini 15 mini Analog 15 pin Signal Cable Signal Cable (FD-C39 enclosed) (FD-C39 optional) (Ex.2) Digital DVI...
Priority setting Performance If signals from both inputs are present, the monitor gives preference to Signal 1 in the following cases. When the power of the monitor is turned ON. (SIGNAL 1) When the signal input to Signal 1 is changed even if active input was Signal 2. If signals from both inputs are present, the monitor gives preference to Signal 2 in the following cases.
3. ScreenManager 3-1. How to use the ScreenManager ScreenManager allows you to adjust screen performance though the main menu and select a FineContrast mode easily. Main Menu and FineContrast Menu cannot be activated at the same time. 1. Entering the ScreenManager Press the Enter button once to display the main menu of the ScreenManager.
3-2. ScreenManager Adjustments and Settings The following table shows all the ScreenManager's adjustment and setting menus. "*" indicates adjustments of analog input only and "**" indicates digital input only. Main menu Sub menu Reference Clock Phase Position 4-1. Screen Adjustment Screen Resolution Range Adjustment...
Translucent Set the transparency of the background. 6. ActiveRotationII Function. ActiveRotationII Make non-light for blue lighting when Power Indicator the screen is displayed. Return to the factory default settings. Reset Review the ScreenManager's settings, model name, serial number and usage Information Information time.*...
Color reproduction by setting the values of color coordinate and gamma with using the "ScreenManager External Pro for LCD (for Windows)" (Refer to the EIZO LCD Utility Disk.) sRGB To display the screen images based on those original colors (ex. over the Internet) Color Adjustment of the Mode Settings <Brightness>, <Temperature>, <Gamma>...
2. Select "Disable". EIZO Logo Appearing Function When switching on the Power button on the control panel, the EIZO logo is displyed for a while. If you desire to display or undisplay this logo, use this function. (Default is logo appearing.)
2. Run the "Screen Adjustment Program". Having read the "Readme.txt" file, run the "Screen Adjustment Program" in the enclosed EIZO LCD Utility Disk. Step by step, adjustment is provided by the wizard guide. (If using the Windows, the program can be directly run from the menu screen of the CD-ROM.)
3. Adjust by using <Screen> menu in the ScreenManager. (1) Vertical bars appear on the screen Use the <Clock> adjustment. Select the <Clock> and eliminate the vertical bars by using the Right and Left of the Control buttons. Do not continuously press the Control buttons, as the adjustment value will change quickly and make it difficult to locate the most suitable adjustment point.
(4) Screen image is smaller or larger than the actual screen images. Use the <Resolution> adjustment. Adjustment is needed when the input signal resolution and the resolution now being displayed are different. Select <Resolution> and confirm if the resolution now being displayed is the same as the input resolution.
Select the <Screen Size> in the others menu and select the screen size by using the up and down buttons. Menu Function Displays the picture on the screen in full, irrespective of the picture's resolution. Since the vertical Full resolution and the horizontal resolution are enlarged at different rates, some images may appear distorted.
Color settings of each FineContrast mode can be adjusted and saved by using the <Color> menu of the ScreenManager. In the analog input, perform the "Range Adjustment" before making the color adjustments. During color adjustments, the FineContrast mode cannot be changed. Select the mode in advance by using the FineContrast Mode.
To set the brightness and contrast of the screen 0 ~ 100 % Brightness Contrast Adjustment will be available only when FineContrast mode is "Custom","Text","Picture" or "Movie". 4,000 ~ 10,000 K To set the color temperature in 500 K increments (including 9,300 K). Default setting is off (normal white) Temperature The values shown in the Kelvin are available only as a reference tool.
The <PowerManager> menu in the ScreenManager enables to set the power-save setup. Do your part to conserve energy, turn off the monitor when you are finished using it. Disconnecting the monitor from the power supply is recommended to save energy completely. Even if the monitor is in a power saving mode, USB compliant devices function when they are connected to the monitor's USB (both the upstream and the downstream ports).
Operate the mouse or keyboard to return to a normal screen.
5. ActiveShot Function When two PCs are connected to the monitor, ActiveShot (Picture in Picture) function allows you to display both screen images on the Main window and Sub window at the same time. About connecting two PCs to a monitor, See Connecting Two PCs to the Monitor.
<Standard> and <Clip> modes are available for displaying the Sub window (refer to following figures) for displaying the Sub window. The mode is set on the <Picture in Picture> menu of ScreenManager. [Example] <Standard> Mode <Clip> Mode Displaying the screen image in full screen with Displaying a certain part of the screen image without reducing the image size.
Select <Window Contrast> and adjust by using the right and left buttons. The contrast of sub windows also can be adjusted on the FineContrast menu. Pressing right or left control buttons with displaying the Sub window allows you to display the FineContrast menu. <Clip>...
To adjust the position Select <Window Position>. This adjusts the position of the Sub window. Select <Window Position> and adjust the position by using the up, down, right and left buttons. To set the Contrast Select <Window Contrast>. This controls the brightness for the each color (red, blue and green) at the same time. Select <Window Contrast>...
ActiveRotationII function allows you to change the display orientation of the monitor with the panel rotation. Reder to Web site of EIZO NANAO CORPORATION for the latest information about supported graphics card (http://www.eizo.com/). After rotating the panel, it may take some time until the screen image is available.
The "ActiveRotationII Utility" (for Windows) allows you to change the display oriantation easily. Please refer to the readme.txt in the EIZO LCD Utility Disk for the details.
7. MAKING USE OF USB (Universal Serial Bus) This monitor provides a hub which supports the USB standard. When connecting to a USB compliant PC or another hub, the monitor functions as a hub to which the USB compliant peripherals can be easily connected. Required system environment PC equipped with USB ports or another USB hub connected to the USB compliant PC Windows 98/2000/Me/XP // Mac OS 8.5.1 or later...
ScreenManager Pro for LCD (for Windows) For further details about the "ScreenManager Pro for LCD (for Windows)", refer to the EIZO LCD Utility Disk.
8. ATTACHING AN ARM The LCD monitor can be used with an arm by removing the tilt stand and attaching the arm stand to the LCD monitor. When attaching an arm or stand, follow the instructions of their user’s manual. When using another manufacturer’s arm or stand, confirm the following in advance and select one conforming to the VESA standard.
9. TROUBLESHOOTING If a problem persists even after applying the suggested remedies, contact an EIZO dealer. No picture problems See No.1 ~ No.2 Imaging problems See No.3 ~ No.13 Other problems See No.14 ~ No.20 USB problems See No.21 ~ 22...
Adjust the image position using the 3. Display position is incorrect. <Position>. If the problem persists, use the graphics board's utility software to change the display position if available. Adjust the resolution using the 4. Screen image is smaller or larger than the actual <Resolution>.
Do you use the screen saver or timer when displaying the same image for extended periods of time? 11. Afterimages appear. Afterimages are particular to LCD monitors. Avoid displaying the same image for extended periods of time. This is due to the characteristics of the 12.
Check the downstream ports by connecting the peripherals to other downstream ports. If the problem is solved by doing this, contact an EIZO dealer. (For details, refer to the manual 21. PC is hung up. / The peripherals connected to of the PC.)
10. CLEANING Periodic cleaning is recommended to keep the monitor looking new and to prolong its operation lifetime. Never use thinner, benzene, alcohol (ethanol, methanol, or isopropyl alcohol), abrasive cleaners, or other strong solvents, as these may cause damage to the cabinet or LCD panel. Cabinet To remove stains, wipe the cabinet with a soft, lightly moistened cloth using a mild detergent.
11. SPECIFICATIONS 54 cm (21.3 inch), TFT color LCD panel with Anti-Glare Hard Coating, Viewing LCD Panel Angle: Horizontal: 170°, Vertical: 170° Dot Pitch 0.270 mm Analog: 24 ~ 100 kHz (Automatic) Horizontal Scan Frequency Digital: 31 ~ 100 kHz Analog: 49 ~ 86 Hz (Automatic) (1600 x 1200: 49 ~ 76 Hz) Vertical Scan Frequency Digital: 59 ~ 61 Hz, (VGA TEXT: 69 ~ 71 Hz)
USB USB ports Upstream port x 1, Downstream port x 2 Communication Speed 480 Mbps (high), 12 Mbps (full), 1.5 Mbps (low) Power Supply Downstream: 500 mA for each (Max.) Default settings Analog input Digital input Brightness 100% Contrast 100% Smoothing FineContrast Mode Custom...
Pin Assignment DVI-I Connector Pin No. Signal Pin No. Signal Pin No. Signal TMDS Data2- TMDS Data1/3 Shield TMDS Data2+ TMDS Clock shield TMDS Data2/4 Shield TMDS Clock+ +5V Power TMDS Clock- Ground (return for +5V, Hsync and Analog Red Vsync) DDC Clock (SCL) Hot Plug Detect...
12. GLOSSARY Clock With the analog input signal display, the analog signal is converted to a digital signal by the LCD circuitry. To convert the signal correctly, the LCD monitor needs to produce the same number clock pulse as the dot clock of the graphics system. When the clock pulse is not correctly set, some vertical bars of distortion are displayed on the screen.
The EIZO L997 display panel consists of 1600 horizontal pixels and 1200 vertical pixels. At a resolution of 1600 x 1200, all pixels are displayed as a full screen. sRGB (Standard RGB) "International Standard for Red, Green, and Blue color space"...
APPENDIX/ANHANG/ANNEXE Preset Timing Chart for Analog input Timing-Übersichten für Analog Eingang Synchronisation des Signaux pour Analog numerique Based on the signal diagram shown below 28 factory presets have been registered in the monitor's microprocessor. Der integrierte Mikroprozessor des Monitors unterstützt 28 werkseitige Standardeinstellungen (siehe hierzu die nachfolgenden Diagramme).
VESA VESA 49.5 Posi. Posi. 46.88 75.00 800 × 600 @ 75 Hz 800 × 600 @ 75 Hz VESA VESA 56.3 Posi. Posi. 53.67 85.06 800 × 600 @ 85 Hz 800 × 600 @ 85 Hz VESA VESA 65.0 Nega.
Der Monitor reklamiert nur die nachforgent aufgeführten Auflösungen. Le moniteur ne peut utiliser que les résolutions suivantes. Resolution Sync Polarity Frequencies Dot Clock Landscape Portrait H kHz V Hz 25.2 Nega. Nega. 31.47 59.94 640 × 480 @ 60 Hz 640 ×...
[Applicable to gray cabinet version only.] Congratulations! The display you have just purchased carries the TCO'03 Displays label. This means that your display is designed, manufactured and tested according to some of the strictest quality and environmental requirements in the world. This makes for a high performance product, designed with the user in focus that also minimizes the Impact on our natural environment.
[Applicable to black cabinet version only] Congratulations! You have just purchased a TCO'99 approved and labelled product! Your choice has provided you with a product developed for professional use. Your purchase has also contributed to reducing the burden on the environment and also to the further development of environmentally adapted electronics products.
SE-114 94 Stockholm, Sweden Fax: +46 8 782 92 07 Email (Internet): email@example.com Current information regarding TCO'99 approved and labelled products may also be obtained via the Internet, using the address: www.tcodevelopment.com Environmental Requirements Flame retardants Flame retardants are present in printed circuit boards, cables, wires, casings and housings. Their purpose is to prevent, or at least to delay the spread of fire.
Lead** Lead can be found in picture tubes, display screens, solders and capacitors. Lead damages the nervous system and in higher doses, causes lead poisoning. The relevant TCO'99 requirement permits the inclusion of lead since no replacement has yet been developed. * Bio-accumulative is defined as substances which accumulate within living organisms.
Hinweis zur Ergonomie : Dieser Monitor erfüllt die Anforderungen an die Ergonomie nach EK1-ITB 2000 mit dem Videosignal, 1600 Punkte x 1200 Zeilen, RGB analog, 0,7 Vp-p und mindestens 75,0 Hz Bildwiederholfrequenz, non interlaced. Weiterhin wird aus ergonomischen Gründen empfohlen, die Grundfarbe Blau nicht auf dunklem Untergrund zu verwenden (schlechte Erkennbarkeit, Augenbelastung bei zu geringem Zeichenkontrast.) Hinweise zur Auswahl des richtigen Schwenkarms für Ihren Monitor Dieser Monitor ist für Bildschirmarbeitsplätze vorgesehen.
Recycle Auskunft Die Rücknahme dieses Produktes nach Nutzungsende übernimmt EIZO in Deutschland zusammen mit dem Partner eds-r gmbh rucknahmesysteme. Dort werden die Geräte in ihre Bestandteile zerlegt, die dann der Wiederverwertung zugeführt werden. Um einen Abholtermin zu vereinbaren und die aktuellen Kosten zu erfahren, benutzen Sie bitte folgende Rufnummer: 02153-73 35 00.