00CN1389 MBTS4 IB 9/8/03 2:01 PM Page 1
12) Do not use if you have sensitive skin areas or poor circulation. Use by unattended
HOW TO USE BATH MAT AND MOTOR HOUSING
HOW TO USE REMOTE CONTROL
children or incapacitated persons may be dangerous.
• This unit should not be used in the following cases: Tuberculosis, benign and malignant
1) Remove bath mat, motor housing, soft surface mat, and air hose from packaging.
13) Disconnect power when not in use, and store in dry place.
1)Find the Remote Control Power Module and carefully remove it from its wrapping.
tumors, hemorrhages, inflammations of the skin, phlebitis and thrombosis, open and fresh
Do not fill tub first.
14) Never use while sleeping or drowsy.
wounds, bruises, broken skin or varicose veins, or undetermined calf pain.
2) Insert one end of the air hose into the female receptacle on one end of the mat. Press
2) Remove battery cover by removing 2 screws on the end of the remote control. Insert the
When using an electrical appliance, basic precautions should always be followed, including
2 "AAA" batteries (which are included) following instructions engraved inside the battery
the following: Read all instructions before using this appliance.
15) Keep the Remote Control Power Module dry when possible. After use, store in a cool, dry
• Consult your physician, if you have any therapeutic questions regarding unit's use.
3) Place mat into tub with hose end towards the front of tub. Press mat firmly down to engage
enclosure. Carefully replace battery cover and make sure "O" ring is intact.
place. Avoid submerging or having control float on water for long periods of time.
• Do not use on any unexplained pain before consulting your physician.
suction cups on bottom of mat. Suction cups may lose grip on textured surfaces or tubs with
3) Your Remote Control has the following features:
To reduce the risk of electric shock:
• Discontinue use of unit if pain increases or swelling occurs after application.
some dirt buildup. Clean area and moisten suction cups to increase suction cup grip.
Power On/Off - Remotely turn motor On or OFF
4) Place motor housing on the floor conveniently between the bathtub and electrical outlet.
1) Always unplug this appliance from the electrical outlet immediately after
• Do not use on any part of the body that is anesthetized.
High Bubbles - Highest bubble action
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS
Never place the motor housing where it can fall into the tub. Have the motor housing face the
using and before cleaning.
Medium Bubbles - Medium bubble action
• Do not use on any part of the body where recent surgery was performed.
user in the tub, as the infrared Remote Control needs to be aimed by the user towards the
FOR HOUSEHOLD USE ONLY
Low Bubbles - Softest bubble action
2) Do not reach for an appliance that has fallen into water. Unplug immediately.
• The recommended massage time is 15-20 minutes.
Pulse Feature - Pulse between "High" and "Low" every 3 seconds for custom comfort
3) Do not place or store motor housing where it can fall or be pulled into the bathtub.
5) Plug motor housing into 120 V AC outlet. See ALCI operating instructions to familiarize
Random Feature - Pulse levels alternately change between "High", "Medium" and "Low".
Do not fully immerse in or drop into water or other liquid. Store in dry place.
yourself with ALCI use and function.
4) Aim the remote control at the top front of the motor housing. If the remote does not work,
6) Insert the other end of the air hose into the motor housing.
check to see that the power switch is set to the "remote" position, and that the batteries in
7) Test the Unit by pushing rocker switch on the front of appliance to "HIGH". You should hear
To reduce the risk of burns, fire, electric shock, or injury to persons:
the remote are fresh and making good contact.
This appliance has a polarized plug (one blade is wider than the other). As a safety feature,
the motor turn on.
1) An appliance should never be left unattended when plugged in. Unplug from outlet
this plug will fit into a polarized outlet only one way. If the plug does not fit fully into the outlet,
8) Test operation of the Remote Control by pushing the rocker switch to the "REMOTE" posi-
when not in use, and before putting on or taking off parts.
USER MAINTENANCE INSTRUCTIONS
reverse the plug. If it still does not fit, contact a qualified electrician. Do not attempt to defeat
tion. Now press the remote's power "ON" button; motor will run on the "HIGH" setting. Try
this safety feature.
other settings to become familiar with the unit's operation. (See "How To Use Remote Control")
2) Close supervision is necessary when this appliance is used by, on, or near
The Body Benefits
Bath Mat can help you relax, relieve tension and soothe sore muscles.
9) Now fill the bathtub with the amount and temperature of bath water desired. Turn on unit to
children, invalids, or disabled persons.
This appliance is equipped with an Appliance Leakage Circuit Interrupter (ALCI), a safety
Consult your physician or physical therapist for recommendations regarding Bath Mat,
MAT MAY MOVE WHEN YOU
feature that renders it inoperable under some abnormal conditions, such as immersion in
3) Use this appliance only for its intended use as described in this manual. Do not use
including water temperature and duration and frequency of use.
10) Exercise extra caution getting into and out of the bathtub.
attachments not recommended by Conair.
11) The bath mat massager will not keep hot bath water heated. Even on the HIGH setting,
To make sure the ALCI is functioning properly, perform the following test. The purpose of this
ENTER OR EXIT BATHTUB:
4) Never operate this appliance if it has a damaged cord or plug, if it is not working properly,
the user should expect hot bath water to cool off.
CARE AND MAINTENANCE
test is to allow you to make sure the exclusive water sensing system (ALCI) is working.
or if it has been dropped or damaged, or dropped into water. Return the appliance to
12) Use of salts and oils is acceptable with your Bath Mat Massager. Please clean the bath
Keep your unit clean and clear of obstruction. Check the hose and mat controls, air intakes,
a service center for examination and repair.
mat with fresh tap water before storing. Also note that your additions of salt or oil may make
1) Plug in appliance and press test button on plug (see appropriate diagram below).
and connections periodically to make sure they are free of obstruction, hair, lint and other
tub and bath mat surfaces slippery.
5) Do not carry this appliance by supply cord or use cord as a handle.
2) Appliance will stop working. There will be an audible click and a reset button will pop out.
particles that could block airflow.
13) After use, be sure you are dry before unplugging power unit.
6) Keep the cord away from heated surfaces.
3) To reset ALCI with a reset button, unit should be unplugged.
14) To store, drain all water from the bath mat sections by rotating gently over the bathtub.
If the Remote control does not work, first check the setting on the rocker power switch on the
Then push in reset button, and reinsert plug into outlet.
7) Never operate the appliance with the openings blocked. Keep the opening free
Disconnect the air hose from the power unit and drain air hose into tub as well. After all free
motor housing, and make sure that the "REMOTE" position has been selected. Then check
of lint, hair, and other particles. Do not operate on top of shag or loose pile rugs.
4) If ALCI is not functioning properly, return appliance to
water has dripped into the tub, gently wipe any wet surfaces with a clean dry towel before
operation by aiming the remote at the motor housing, and selecting a function. If the remote
an authorized Conair service center.
still does not operate the unit, make sure that the ALCI "reset" button is engaged. Now check
8) Never drop or insert any object into any opening.
15) Dry the Remote Control Power Module after use. Avoid submerging or having control float
to make sure that the batteries in the remote are fresh, and making good contact in the
5) It is important that if immersion of the transformer or the ALCI
9) Do not use outdoors.
on water for long periods of time.
occurs, this unit be brought to a service center. Do not try to reset.
10) Do not operate where aerosol (spray) products are being used or where
6) Be sure to repeat test every time you use appliance to confirm
oxygen is being administered.
ALCI is operational. Should the appliance go off and the ALCI reset
11) To disconnect, turn control to the "off" position, then remove plug from outlet.
button pop up during use, this could indicate a malfunction in the appliance.