Your new dryer
Congratulations - You have chosen a modern, high-quality Bosch
for domestic use only,
only to be used for drying fabrics that have been
The condensation dryer is distinguished by its economical energy
washed with water.
Every dryer which leaves our factory is carefully checked to ensure
that it functions correctly and is in perfect condition.
Do not leave children unsupervised near the dryer.
Should you have any questions, our after-sales service will be pleased
Keep pets away from the dryer.
Disposal in an environmentally-responsible manner
Dispose of packaging in an environmentally-responsible manner.
This appliance is labelled in accordance with the European
2002/96/EG on waste electrical and electronic
equipment - WEEE.
The guideline provides an EU-wide framework for the return and
recycling of old appliances.
For further information about our products, accessories, spare parts
and services, please visit: www.bosch-home.com
Observe the safety instructions on page 11.
Read these instructions before operating the dryer.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Setting the programmes . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
Drying . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 3/4
Information on laundry . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 5
Care and cleaning . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 6
Programme overview . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 7
Installation . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Frost protection / Transport . . . . . . . . . . . 8
Technical data . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
Optional accessories . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 9
What to do if... / After-sales service . . . . 10
Safety instructions . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 11
Empty the condensation container.
Clean the fluff filter and/or air cooler
Select On/Off for a acoustic signal at end of programme.
Reduced temperature for delicate fabrics
Reduces creasing and extends the anti-creasing phase once the program has ended.
installation, see Page 8
Never start the dryer if it is damaged!
Inform your after-sales service.
Make sure your hands are dry.
Hold the plug only.
Sorting and loading laundry
Remove all items from pockets.
Check for cigarette lighters.
The drum must be empty prior to loading.
See programme overview on page 7.
See also separate instructions for "Woollens basket"
(depending on model)
Selecting and adjusting the programme
Select the drying programme ...
... and adapt to individual requirements
All buttons are sensitive and only
need to be touched lightly.
Only operate the dryer with
the fluff filter inserted!
End of programme in 1*-24 hours (Press button several times if required)
(*depending on the selected programme, e.g. duration 1:54h
2h. Can always be selected to the
next full hour.)
that require a longer drying time; e.g. for polyacrylics, polyamide, elastane or acetate.
Empty container after each drying operation!
Pull out condensation container keeping it horizontal.
Pour out condensation.
Always push container in fully until it clicks into place.
If Container flashes in the display panel
What to do if..., Page 10.
Drum interior light
Clean the fluff filter after each drying operation.
(depending on model)
Open the door, remove fluff from door/door area.
Pull out and fold open the fluff filter.
Remove the fluff (by wiping the filter with your hand).
If the fluff filter is very dirty or blocked, rinse with warm water and dry
Close and reinsert the fluff filter.
Switching off the dryer
Turn the programme selector to Off.
Do not leave laundry in the dryer.
The automatic anti-crease function causes the drum to move at specific intervals, the washing remains
loose and fluffy for an hour (two hours if the additional
depending on model).
once lights up in the display.
removing or adding laundry.
The drying cycle can be interrupted for a brief period so that laundry may be added or removed.
The programme selected must then be resumed and completed.
Never switch the dryer off before the drying process has ended.
Drum and door may be hot!
Open door, the drying process is interrupted.
Load or remove laundry and close door.
If required, select a new programme and additional functions.
Information on laundry ...
Labelling of fabrics
Follow the manufacturer's care information.
Drying at normal temperature.
Drying at low temperature
Low Heat .
Do not machine dry.
Observe safety instructions without fail
Do not tumble-dry the following fabrics for example:
– Impermeable fabrics (e.g. rubber-coated fabrics).
– Delicate materials (silk or curtains made from synthetic material)
– Laundry contaminated with oil.
– To ensure a consistent result, sort the laundry by fabric type and drying programme.
– Always dry very small items (e.g. baby socks) together with large items of laundry (e.g. hand
– Close zips, hooks and eyelets, and button up covers.
Tie fabric belts, apron strings, etc. together
– Do not over-dry easy-care laundry
risk of creasing!
Allow laundry to finish drying in the air.
– Do not dry woolens in the dryer, only use to freshen them up
Programme (depending on model).
– Do not iron laundry immediately after drying, fold items up and leave for a while
Reduced Ironing function is also selected-
remaining moisture will then be distributed evenly.
– Machine-knitted fabrics (e.g. T-shirts or jerseys) often shrink the first time they are dried
do not use the Very Dry programme.
– Starched laundry is not always suitable for dryers
starch leaves behind a coating that
adversely affects the drying operation.
– Use the correct dosage of fabric softener as per the manufacturer's instructions when
washing the laundry to be dried.
– Use the timer programme for small loads
this improves the drying result.
Environmental protection/energy-saving tips
– Before drying, spin the laundry thoroughly in the washing machine
speed the shorter the drying time will be (consumes less energy), also spin easy-care
– Put in, but do not exceed, the maximum recommended quantity of laundry
– Make sure the room is well ventilated during drying.
– Do not obstruct or seal up the air inlet.
– Keep the air cooler clean
page 6 "Care and cleaning".
Only when switched off!
Care and cleaning
Dryer housing, control panel, air cooler, moisture sensors
– Wipe with a soft, damp cloth.
– Do not use harsh cleaning agents and solvents.
– Remove detergent and cleaning agent residue immediately.
Clean the air cooler 5 - 6 times a year
or if Filter flashes after cleaning the fluff filter.
– Allow the dryer to cool.
– Residual water may leak out, so place an absorbent towel
they may crease
underneath the maintenance door.
1. Unlock the maintenance door.
2. Open the maintenance door fully.
3. Turn both locking levers towards each another.
4. Pull out the air cooler.
Page 7, Woollens finish
Do not damage the air cooler.
Clean with warm water only. Do not use any hard or sharp-edged
5. Clean the air cooler thoroughly,
Allow to drip dry.
6. Clean the seals.
7. Re-insert the air cooler,
with the handle facing down.
8. Turn back both locking levers.
the higher the spin
9. Close the maintenance door until the lock clicks into place.
The dryer is fitted with stainless steel moisture sensors. The sensors
measure the level of moisture in the laundry. After a long period of
operation, a fine layer of limescale may form on the sensors.
1. Open the door and clean the moisture sensors with a damp sponge
which has a rough surface.
Do not use steel wool or abrasive materials.