AUDIBLE MEAT THERMOMETER
safely be placed on the wood surface. Weber-Stephen Products Co. shall not be
Place the unit into the stand
responsible for any damage to wood surfaces from contact with this product.
Audible Meat Thermometer
provided and place on a table
• Do not immerse the unit in water. If you spill liquid over it, dry it immediately with a
or work surface for easy viewing
soft, lint-free cloth.
NOTE Please keep this manual handy as you use your new product. It contains
• Do not clean the unit with abrasive or corrosive materials.
practical step-by-step instructions, as well as technical specifications and
• Do not tamper with the unit's internal components. Doing so will invalidate the
warnings you should know about.
warranty on the unit and may cause unnecessary damage. The unit contains no
To set up the transmitter
1. Remove the battery
• Only use fresh batteries as specified in the user's instructions. Do not mix new
OVERVIEW: MAIN UNIT FRONT VIEW
compartment cover and insert
and old batteries.
2 AAA batteries into the compartment as indicated by the polarity symbols (+ and
1. MEAT: Select meat type
• Due to printing limitations, the displays shown in this manual may differ from the
2. POWER: Activate / deactivate unit
2. Press RESET and replace the battery compartment door.
• The contents of this manual may not be reproduced without the permission of the
3. LANG: Select voice prompt language
3. The LED indicator will flash to indicate the transmitter is activated.
4. COOK: Select doneness level
NOTE The technical specifications for this product and the contents of the user
indicates when the batteries are low.
manual are subject to change without notice.
Place the transmitter within
100 m (300 ft) of the main unit.
The sensor reception icon
L x W x H
142 x 70 x 39 mm
L x W x H
86 x 86 x 31 mm
indicates the status.
(5.6 x 2.75 x 1.53 in)
(3.4 x 3.4 x 1.2 in)
NOTE The LED indicator blinks
186 g (6.5 oz) with
75 g (2.6 oz) with
during transmission. If the
transmitter is moved out of range, the unit will beep three times.
°C / °F
100 m (300 ft)
OVERVIEW: MAIN UNIT BACK VIEW
2 x UM-4 AAA 1.5V
1. Belt Clip
CAUTION The probe is a sharp metal object, and will become hot during cooking.
Take care when handling.
1. Plug the probe connector into the transmitter jack and insert the probe into the
3. °C / °F: Select temperature unit
meat. To prevent the lid from crimping the probe wire on gas grills, feed the wire
4. Battery compartment
2 x UM-3 AA 1.5 V
out through the slot (1) on the side of the cookbox. Use the monitor's stand for
easy viewing. For charcoal grilling, (2) route the probe wire away from the direct
5. VOLUME: Select volume level
heat of the charcoal briquettes.
6. Battery compartment lever
7. START / STOP: Begin / end the
This device complies with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the
stopwatch; reset timer to zero
following two conditions: (1) This device may not cause harmful interference, and
8. HR: Select hours for timer
(2) This device must accept any interference received, including interference that
may cause undesired operation.
9. MIN: Select minutes for timer
WARNING Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the party
10.SEC: Select seconds for timer
responsible for compliance could void the user's authority to operate the
OVERVIEW: LCD SCREEN
2. Press MEAT to select the meat type. The voice announcement and LCD icon
NOTE This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for
indicate the meat type.
a Class B digital device, pursuant to Part 15 of the FCC Rules. These limits
1. Meat type
are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a
2. Language icons
3. Low battery indicator
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if
4. Signal reception icon
not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful
interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that
5. Stopwatch icon
interference will not occur in a particular installation. If this equipment does cause
6. Doneness level
harmful interference to radio or television reception, which can be determined
7. Target temperature
by turning the equipment off and on, the user is encouraged to try to correct the
interference by one or more of the following measures:
8. Current temperature
• Realign or relocate the receiving antenna.
9. Stopwatch time
• Increase the distance between the equipment and receiver.
3. Press COOK to select the doneness level (Rare, Medium Rare, Medium or Well
• Connect the equipment into an outlet on a circuit different from that to which the
Done). The LCD and talking announcement indicate your selection.
receiver is connected.
4. The target temperature appears on the LCD screen. Begin cooking.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio / TV technician for help.
5. The cooking alerts will sound depending on the temperature:
• Nearly Done Alert: 2 beeps followed by "It's nearly done" when the meat is
DECLARATION OF CONFORMITY
nearing the target temperature.
• Done Alert: 4 beeps followed by "It's done" when the meat has reached the
The following information is not to be used as contact for support or sales. Please
OVERVIEW: TRANSMITTER & PROBE
call our customer service number (listed on our website at www.weber.com, or on
• Overcook alert: The LCD screen will flash and continue beeping until a button
the warranty card for this product) for all inquiries instead.
1. LED indicator
We declare that the product
2. RESET: Reset unit
6. Press any button to silence the alert.
Weber-Stephen Products Company
3. POWER: Activate transmitter
200 East Daniels Road
NOTE The maximum operating temperature for the probe is 380°C (716°F).
Palatine, IL 60067-6266 USA
4. Connector jack for probe
When the probe temperature exceeds the maximum display temperature
Telephone No.: 1-800-446-1071
5. Battery compartment
(199°C / 199°F) the LCD will flash.
Product Name: Weber Style
Audible Meat Thermometer
• Once cooking is finished, remove the probe using an oven gloves.
Manufacturer: IDT Technology Limited
• Clean the probe with water and a mild detergent. To clean the main unit and
Block C, 9/F, Kaiser Estate,
sensor, wipe with a damp cloth.
Phase 1,41 Man Yue St.,
Hung Hom, Kowloon, Hong Kong
NOTE Do not clean the probe in a dishwasher or immerse the main unit or sensor
is in conformity with Part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following
1) This device may not cause harmful interference. 2) This device must accept any
interference received, including interference that may cause undesired operation.
COUNTDOWN / COUNT-UP TIMER
1. Probe connector wire
This symbol indicates that the
The count down and count-up timer operate independently of the temperature sensor.
2. Probe tip
product cannot be disposed
To set a countdown time:
of with household refuse. For
instructions regarding proper
Use HR, MIN and SEC to set the countdown time.
disposal of this product in
To set a count-up timer:
Europe, please visit www.weber.
If no countdown time is set, the timer will act as a count-up timer.
, and contact the importer
To start timer:
listed for your country. If you do
1. Press START / STOP to begin.
not have internet access, contact your dealer for the importer's name,
2. Press START / STOP again to pause.
address and telephone number.
3. Press and hold START / STOP to reset to zero.
Weber-Stephen Products Co., (Weber
) hereby warrants to the ORIGINAL
4. Once a countdown has finished, the unit will beep. To silence the alert,
PURCHASER of this Audible Meat Thermometer, that it will be free from defects
press any button.
in material and workmanship from the date of purchase as follows: 2 year(s) when
assembled, and operated in accordance with the printed instructions accompanying it.
INSTALLING THE BATTERIES
Slide °C / °F to select the temperature unit.
Weber may require reasonable proof of your date of purchase. THEREFORE, YOU
In the main unit
SHOULD RETAIN YOUR SALES RECEIPT OR INVOICE AND RETURN THE
1. Release and lift up cover to access the battery compartment.
WEBER LIMITED WARRANTY REGISTRATION CARD IMMEDIATELY.
2. Place two AA batteries in the compartment as indicated
Slide VOLUME to Hi or Lo to select the speaker volume level.
This Limited Warranty shall be limited to the repair or replacement of parts that prove
by the polarity symbols (+ and -).
defective under normal use and service and which on examination shall indicate,
3. Replace the cover.
to Weber's satisfaction, that they are defective. If Weber confirms the defect and
If no button is pressed for 5 seconds auto keylock will engage. Press any button
approves the claim, Weber will elect to repair or replace such parts without charge.
If you are required to return defective parts, transportation charges must be prepaid.
indicates when the batteries are low.
Weber will return parts to the purchaser, freight or postage prepaid.
This Limited Warranty does not cover any failures or operating difficulties due to
SET AUDIO LANGUAGE
Press any button to illuminate the screen for 5 seconds.
accident, abuse, misuse, alteration, misapplication, vandalism, improper installation
When the unit is first activated, or after changing batteries, the language needs to be set.
or improper maintenance or service, or failure to perform normal and routine
1. Press POWER to activate the main unit. The language icons will flash.
maintenance. Deterioration or damage due to severe weather conditions such
2. Press LANG to toggle to the desired language.
This product is engineered to give you years of satisfactory service if you handle it
as hail, hurricanes, earthquakes or tornadoes, discolouration due to exposure
carefully. Here are a few precautions:
NOTE The audio language options are: DE (German), DN (Danish), EN (English),
to chemicals either directly or in the atmosphere, is not covered by this Limited
• Do not subject the unit to excessive force, shock, dust, temperature or humidity,
ES (Spanish) and FR (French).
Warranty. Weber shall not be liable under this or any implied warranty for incidental
which may result in malfunction, shorter electronic life span, battery damaged or
or consequential damages. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you
deterioration of parts.
may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
• Placement of this product on wood surfaces with certain types of finishes,
such as clear varnish, may result in damage to the finish. Consult the furniture
manufacturer's care instructions for direction as to the types of objects that may