All Intellectual Property, as defined below, owned by or which is otherwise the property of Samsung or its respective suppliers relating to the SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab, including but not limited to, accessories, parts, or software relating there to (the “Galaxy Tab System”), is proprietary to Samsung and protected under federal laws, state laws, and international treaty provisions.
THERETO. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL SHALL BE CONSTRUED TO CREATE AN EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCT. IN ADDITION, SAMSUNG SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND RESULTING FROM THE PURCHASE OR USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ARISING FROM THE BREACH OF THE EXPRESS WARRANTY, INCLUDING INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OR LOSS OF ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR BENEFITS.
Do you have questions about your Samsung Mobile Device? For 24 hour information and assistance, we offer a new FAQ/ARS System (Automated Response System) at: www.samsung.com/us/support ® ® Nuance , VSuite , T9 Text Input, XT9 ™ Communications, Inc., or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.
® ABOUT DIVX VIDEO-ON-DEMAND: This DivX Certified device must be registered in order to play purchased DivX Video-on- Demand (VOD) movies. To obtain your registration code, locate the DivX VOD section in your device setup menu (Apps > Settings > About device > Legal Information > License settings > DivX® VOD > Register). Go to vod.divx.com for more information on how to complete your registration.
Section 1: Getting Started This section helps you to quickly start using your device. Understanding This User Manual The sections of this manual generally follow the features of your device. A robust index for features begins on page 224. Also included is important safety information, beginning on page 194, that you should know before using your device.
Text Conventions This manual provides condensed information about how to use your device. To make this possible, the following text conventions are used to represent often-used steps: Arrows are used to represent the sequence of selecting successive options in longer, or repetitive, procedures. For example: From a Home screen, touch Display...
Note: The battery comes partially charged. You must fully charge the battery before using your device for the first time. After the first charge, you can use the device while charging. 1. Carefully slide the Outlet Connector into the Charging Head (1), making sure the connection is secure.
5. When charging is complete, unplug the Charging Head from the power outlet and remove the USB cable from the device. Turning Your Device On and Off Turning Your Device On Press and hold the Power/Lock Key For more information, refer to “Unlocking the Device”...
Touch one of the Wi-Fi networks in the list, enter the password, and touch Connect. Touch Back to connect to a different Wi-Fi network or touch Next to continue. Touch Skip to perform this task later. For more information, refer to “Wi-Fi” on page 164. Set Date and Time 1.
This screen also displays if you signed in to your Google account. 1. Read the backup and restore information. 2. Enable either or both options. 3. Touch Next. Use Google Location 1. Read the information on the screen and enable either or both of the Google location services.
Using Google Maps In order to use some applications related to Google Maps, you must first connect Wi-Fi. For more information, refer to “Wi-Fi” on page 164. You must also enable location services to use Google Maps. Some features require Standalone or Google location services.
Task Manager Application The Task Manager application provides information about applications, including Active applications, Downloaded, RAM manager, Storage, and Help. To access the Task Manager: 1. Access Task Manager from the Task manager pop-up. For more information, refer to “Task Manager Pop-Up” on page 11.
Installing a Memory Card 1. Open the Memory Card Slot cover and turn to expose the slot. 2. With the gold contacts facing down, carefully slide the memory card into the slot (1), pushing gently until it clicks into place (2). 3.
5. Replace the Memory Card Slot cover. For more information, refer to “Memory Card” on page 135. Galaxy Tab Accessories To find accessories for your Galaxy Tab: 1. Go to http://www.samsung.com/us/mobile/galaxy-tab- accessories. Galaxy Tab accessories display. 2. Use your model number to find compatible accessories.
2. Swipe across the screen as shown. The last screen you accessed displays. Note: You can choose the type of Screen Unlock you want to use, from Pattern, PIN or Password. For more information, refer to “Location Services” on page 177. Troubleshooting If your device has fatal errors, hangs up, or freezes, you may need to reset the device to regain functionality.
Tip: Volume Up is the end closest to the Power/Lock Key. 3. Once the SAMSUNG logo appears, release the Power/ Lock key while continuing to press the Volume Up key. 4. Continue to press the Volume Up key until the Android system recovery screen displays.
Section 2: Understanding Your Device This section outlines key features of your device and describes the screen and the icons that appear when the device is in use. It also shows how to navigate through the device. Features • 10.1-inch WXGA (1280x800) TFT (PLS) LCD touch screen •...
• Samsung Media Hub ® • Smart Remote powered by Peel Warning! This device does not support some USB storage media devices. For more information, refer to “Galaxy Tab Accessories” on page 14. Front View 1. External Speakers: Used in music or video playback, notification tones, and for other sounds.
Top View The following items can be found on the top of your device as illustrated. 1. 3.5mm Headset Jack: Plug in for headphones. 2. Infrared Blaster: Used to emit infrared signals used for controlling external devices. For more information, refer to “Smart Remote”...
Home Screen The Home screen is the starting point for using your device. Note: Unless stated otherwise, instructions in this user manual start with the device unlocked, at the Home screen. 1. Google Search: Search your tablet and the web by typing or speaking.
9. Screen Capture: Capture an image of the current screen and edit the image. Touch and hold to capture and add an image of the current screen to the clipboard. The screen image is saved in the /Root/sdcard/Pictures/ Screenshots folder. For more information, refer to “My Files”...
Customizing the Home Screens To customize the Home screens to suit your preferences: 1. Navigate to one of the Home screen panels. 2. Touch and hold on the screen until the Home screen pop-up displays. 3. Touch Add to home screen, touch Apps or Widgets, and select one of the applications or widgets that you want to display on this screen.
2. Use these controls to configure panels: Remove: Touch and drag a panel to the Trash Can to remove the panel from the Home screen. Add: Touch to add a new panel, up to a total of seven. This option is available when less than seven panels have been added.
Other Buttons Google Search Touch Google to search the web or your device. Context-Sensitive Menus Context-sensitive menus offer options for features or screens. To access context-sensitive menus: • Touch Menu to display a list of options. • Touch an option in the list. Screen Navigation Touch Touch items to select or launch them.
Notifications When you receive a notification, the Notification icons display in the System Bar, to the left of the Time. Notifications indicate the arrival of Gmail, Email, alarms, and more. Touch a Notification icon for more detail. For example, touch a Gmail Notification icon to see who sent the message.
The Quick Settings are: • Wi-Fi: Touch to enable or disable Wi-Fi. For more information, refer to “Wi-Fi” on page 129. • GPS: Touch to enable or disable Standalone GPS services. For more information, refer to “Use GPS Satellites” on page 177.
Google Talk. Wi-Fi networks available: An open Wi-Fi network is in range. Samsung account: Set up your Samsung account. For more information, refer to “Signing In to your Samsung Account” on page 192. Software update: There is a software update available for this device.
Battery Fully Charged: When the battery is fully charged, this indicator is displayed. Download in progress: An application is being downloaded to the device. Airplane Mode: Indicates that the Airplane Mode is active, which allows you to use many of your device’s features, but it cannot access online information or applications.
“Maps” on page 87. Internet: Access the Internet. For more information, refer to “Internet” on page 77. Samsung Apps: Connect to Samsung Apps and make your smart device even smarter. Simply and easily download an abundance of applications to your device such as games, news, reference, social networking, navigation, and more.
Removing Widgets Touch and hold the Widget then slide it toward the top of the screen until the Remove icon displays, then drop the application over the icon. Widget Options The following widgets are available. • AccuWeather.com: Display the forecast from AccuWeather. Touch the widget to choose locations.
For more information, refer to “Latitude” on page 86. • Media Hub: Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie and TV content. You can rent or purchase your favorite content and watch from the convenience of anywhere. For more information, refer to “Media Hub”...
• Mono audio: Enable mono sound when listening to audio with one earbud. • Music Hub: Allows you to purchase and download songs. For more information, refer to “Music Hub” on page 110. • Music player: The Music player allows you to play music files that you have stored on your device and memory card.
• Yahoo! Finance: Search for and add stocks. For more information, refer to “Yahoo! Finance” on page 161. • Yahoo! News: Display current news and much more from Yahoo! For more information, refer to “Yahoo! News” on page 163. • YouTube: Search YouTube and watch videos.
Wallpapers You can choose a picture to display on the Home Screen, Lock screen, or to both the Home and Lock screens. Choose from preloaded wallpaper images or select a photo you have downloaded or taken with the Camera. 1. From a Home screen, touch and hold on the screen. The Home screen options pop-up displays.
2. Touch Edit at the right side of the tray to customize the Mini App Try. For more information, refer to “Customizing the Mini App Tray” on page 35. 3. Touch one of the icons to display a mini app pop-up. The pop-up varies depending on the application.
To view your downloaded applications: 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch Menu Downloaded applications to view downloaded apps. 3. Touch an icon on the Downloaded applications screen to launch the application. – or – Add an App Shortcut to a Home screen by dragging the App icon onto the Home Screen.
ChatON: A smart-messaging app that gives you a host of innovative ways to stay connected with all your friends and family, regardless of their device or platform. For more information, refer to “ChatON” on page 76. Contacts: Save and manage contact information for your friends and colleagues.
Internet: Access the Internet. A shortcut to Internet displays on a Home screen by default. For more information, refer to “Internet” on page 77. Latitude: Use Google Latitude to locate your friends on a map and share or hide your location. For more information, refer to “Latitude”...
Photo editor: To perfect any photos stored on your tablet, use Photo editor to crop, rotate, resize, adjust color and contrast, and much more. For more information, refer to “Photo Editor” on page 125. Places: Use Google Places find places of interest and to add your own favorite places.
World Clock: View the date and time in any time zone. For more information, refer to “World Clock” on page 160. YouTube: View and upload YouTube videos, right from your device. A shortcut to YouTube displays on a Home screen by default. For more information, refer to “YouTube”...
Samsung Keyboard Your device uses a virtual QWERTY keyboard for text entry called the Samsung keyboard. Use the keyboard to enter letters, punctuation, numbers, and other characters into text entry fields or applications. Access the keyboard by touching any text entry field.
Using the Samsung Keyboard The Samsung keyboard is a custom virtual QWERTY keyboard, featuring predictive text. Input characters by touching the on-screen keys with your finger or use speech recognition. As you enter characters, predictive text matches your key touches to common words and displays them. Select a word from the display to insert it into your text.
Predictive text ON. 5. Touch the Predictive text field to modify XT9 associated settings. For more information, refer to “Configuring the Samsung Keyboard” on page 184. Note: The XT9 option is available only when Abc mode has been selected. Configure input methods in the Status bar.
The Configure input methods pop-up displays. 2. Touch Set up input methods. The Language and input settings screen displays. 3. Touch next to Samsung keyboard to display Samsung keyboard settings. 4. Touch Predictive text My word list. 5. Touch Add word.
To edit text that you have entered: 1. Touch the text at the point you want to edit. Cursor displays at the point you touched. 2. Touch and drag the Cursor to a better position, if necessary. 3. Enter additional text or delete text by repeatedly touching the Delete key.
1. From a screen where you can enter text, activate the keyboard by touching a text input field on the screen. 2. If necessary, touch Status bar and then touch Samsung keyboard. The Samsung keyboard displays. 3. Touch The handwriting pad displays.
1. Touch 2. Touch Set up input methods. The Language and input settings screen displays. 3. Touch Samsung keyboard settings. and then touch a to exit the and then touch Configure input methods. next to Samsung keyboard to display Entering Text...
Using Speech Recognition You can use your voice to enter text using the Voice input feature, which lets you enter text by speaking. The Samsung keyboard recognizes your speech and enters text for you. Note: To enable Voice Input, touch Samsung keyboard, and touch Google voice typing.
Dropbox: Add your Dropbox account. For more information, refer to “Dropbox” on page 142. • Samsung: Add your Samsung account. For more information, refer to “Signing In to your Samsung Account” on page 192. • Facebook: Add your Facebook account to sync Contacts. •...
Contacts Store contact information for your friends, family, and colleagues to quickly access information or to send a message. To access Contacts: From a Home screen, touch Contacts. Creating Contacts 1. From a Home screen, touch Contacts 2. Touch Device or an account. 3.
• Groups: Touch this field to display the Select group screen. To assign the contact to one or more groups, touch the check box next to each group. When enabled, a check mark appears in the check box. For more information about Groups, see “Groups”...
Managing Photo IDs To remove or update a contact’s Photo ID: 1. From a Home screen, touch Contacts. 2. Touch Edit. 3. Touch the Photo ID, then touch Remove, Picture, or Take picture. Contacts Display Options There are various ways to display your Contacts and general Contacts settings.
• Print namecard: Check mark the fields you want to print and then touch Print. You can only print on a Samsung printer. • Contacts to display: Select the contacts you want to display in this inbox (All contacts, Google, Device, or Customized list).
• Send email: To send an email to one or more members of the group, touch and check mark the box next to each contact you want to send to and touch Compose Email as the method for sending the email. •...
Sharing Contact Information You can send a contact’s information by way of Bluetooth to other Bluetooth devices or in an Email or Gmail as an attachment. Note: Not all Bluetooth devices accept contacts and not all devices support transfers of multiple contacts. Check the target device’s documentation.
4. Touch Import from USB storage, Import from SD card, Export to USB storage, Export to SD card, or Send namecard via, then follow the prompts to complete the operation. Groups Assign contacts to Groups to make searching for contacts faster or to quickly send messages to group members.
Deleting Groups To delete a group that you created: 1. From a Home screen, touch Contacts. 2. Touch Groups and then touch any group you want to delete. 3. Touch Menu Delete. The groups that can be deleted display. 4. Touch Select all, Starred in Android, or the name of each group to delete.
Adding Favorites To add a contact to the Starred in Android list: 1. From a Home screen, touch Contacts. 2. Touch a contact to display it. 3. Touch the Star next to the contact name so that it turns orange Tip: You do not have to edit the contact to change the Starred status.
Section 5: Messaging This section describes how to send and receive messages and other features associated with messaging. Types of Messages Your device supports these types of messages: • Gmail: Send and receive Gmail from your Google account. • Email: Send and receive email from your email accounts, including Corporate Exchange mail.
1. From a Home screen, touch The Add a Google Account screen displays. 2. Touch Existing to sign in to an existing account. • At the Sign in screen, use the on-screen keyboard to enter your Google Email name and Password, then touch Sign in. –...
Managing Your Gmail Conversations In addition to managing your Gmail account, there are options for changing the status of one or more Gmail conversations in an account. 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch the gray box to the left of one or more conversations and then choose one of the following options: •...
Composing and Sending Gmail 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch Compose. 3. Touch the To field to enter recipients. As you enter names or email addresses, matching contacts display. Touch a contact to add it to the field. 4.
• Ask to show pictures: Restores the default setting (do not show pictures automatically) for all the people who send you email, including those whose Show pictures setting you may have changed when reading messages from them. (Gmail account settings) Each account has independent settings: •...
Email Use Email to view and manage all your email accounts in one application. Configuring Email Accounts 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. At the Set up email screen, enter an Email address and Password, then touch Next. 3. Your account’s incoming server settings are different depending on the kind of email service for the account.
• Sync calendar: When enabled, events from your account are synchronized with your device’s Calendar. • Automatically download attachments when connected to Wi-Fi: Enable or disable auto-download of files attached to recent messages when connected through Wi-Fi. 5. Touch Next to go to the next screen or touch Previous to go to the Apps screen.
Managing Your Email Conversations In addition to managing your Email account, there are options for changing the status of one or more Email conversations in an account. 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch the box to the left of one or more conversations and then choose one of the following options: •...
• Touch +Me to add yourself as a recipient. • Touch +Cc/Bcc to add additional carbon copy recipients. – Use the Cc field to carbon copy additional recipients. – Use the Bcc field to blind copy additional recipients. 4. Touch the Subject field to enter a subject. 5.
Account Settings Account settings lets you configure handling of email on your device. Note: Available settings may depend on the email account and include setting how much email to synchronize, creating signatures for email you send, and other handling options. 1.
Data usage • Email check frequency: Set how often to check for new email sent to this account during. Options are: Never, every 5, 10, 15, or 30 minutes, every hour, every 4 hours, or once a day. • Auto download attachments: Enable or disable auto-download of files attached to recent messages when connected through Wi-Fi.
• Sync email: When enabled, email from your account is synchronized with your device’s email. • Sync contacts: When enabled, contacts from your account are synchronized with your device’s Contacts. • Sync calendar: When enabled, events from your account are synchronized with your device’s Calendar.
• Security type: Select the security type required by your email service provider. Select the SLL (Accept all certificates) option for your security type to accept a server certificate from your SMTP server that is self-signed, out of date, or in some other way not accepted by the Email application.
Note: If you have already set up your Google account, you are automatically logged in. Just touch the account. Once sign in is complete, the Talk main screen displays. Invite a Friend to Chat You can invite anyone with a Google Account to become your friend in Google Talk, so you can chat with each other and view each other’s online status.
Options While Chatting There are several options that are available while you are chatting. 1. Touch to search your chats for a word, invite another friend to chat, video chat, or to invite this friend to voice chat. 2. Touch Menu to display the following options, which are available while chatting.
• Settings: Offers various settings for Google talk. For more information, refer to “Google Talk Settings” on page 75. • Help: Displays additional help information. • Send feedback: Fill out a Google feedback form. 3. Touch a Friend’s entry to display the Chat entries for that Friend.
• Clear search history: Erases your search history. No previous searches are shown until you search for new words. • Manage account: Opens the Accounts and sync settings. For more information, refer to “Accounts and Sync” on page 176. ABOUT •...
Section 6: Internet and Social Networking This section describes the various Internet and social networking applications available on your device such as Google+, Internet, Latitude, Maps, Navigation, Places, Google Play™ Books, Google and Voice Search, and YouTube. Google+ Share updates and see what is going on around you with Google+ for mobile.
Navigating the Internet The following options are available for Internet navigation. Command Keys • Touch Back or to return to the previous page. • Touch and hold Back to display a list of Most visit pages. • Touch to go forward to a recent page. Touching and Dragging •...
– Save link: Save the linked page to Download history. – Copy link URL: Save the link’s URL to the clipboard. – Select text: Copy the link text to the clipboard. • Touch and hold an image for the additional options: –...
1. From the Home screen, touch 2. Browse to a webpage. 3. On the webpage, touch and hold on the text until you see the text you want highlighted, then stop touching the screen. The text is highlighted. 4. Touch and drag the tabs to the left or right to select more or less text.
Launch a bookmarked page or reload recent pages. 1. From the Home screen, touch 2. Touch Bookmarks and History. 3. On the Bookmarks tab, use these options: • Touch a bookmark to load the page. • Touch and hold on a bookmark for these options: –...
• Downloads: View and manage recent downloads. • Print: Print the current screen or page to a Samsung printer. Menu for the following • Settings: Configure web settings. For more information, refer to “Internet Settings” on page 82.
City/Town: Enter your city and town. – County: Enter your county. – Postcode: Enter your ZIP code. – Country: Enter your country. – Phone number: Enter your telephone number. – Email: Enter a valid email address. Privacy and Security • Clear cache: Delete content and databases stored on the device.
• Inverted screen rendering: Use the Preview screen and the following controls to configure inverted screen rendering: – Inverted rendering: Enable the display of websites with inverted colors – black becomes white and vice versa. – Contrast: If Inverted rendering is enabled, use this slider to set the contrast, which can range from 100 to 300 percent.
Labs • Quick controls: When enabled, the Application and URL bars are hidden. To access the hidden controls, swipe inward from the left or right edge of the screen to access Quick Controls. For more information, refer to “Internet Quick Controls” on page 85.
Latitude With Google Latitude, you can see the location of all of your friends on a map or on a list. You can also share or hide your location. You must first set up your tablet to use wireless networks to help pinpoint your location.
Latitude Menu 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch , if necessary. Latitude 3. Touch Menu for these options: • Refresh friends: Update your Latitude list of friends. • Check in: Touch a location to check-in so others will know your location.
Scrolling • Touch and drag on the screen to reposition the map in the display. Touch • Touch an icon on the map to display information about the location. For example, your location is indicated by a flashing and a pop-up that displays your name. Maps Menu 1.
Directions: Displays the Directions pop-up. Enter Start point and End point or touch the button to the right of the fields to choose your current location, a contact’s location, or to touch a point on the map. Touch the automobile, bus, bicycle, or walking icon for the appropriate directions.
7. While navigating, touch: ROUTE INFO: View information about the current route. SHOW MAP: Return to the map view after touching ROUTE INFO. Layers: Choose map layers to display. Directions List: View directions in a step-by-step list. Menu: To display these options: •...
4. Touch a business in the list to see more details about it. The business details such as address, phone, website, and location are displayed. You can also see reviews from around the web and from Google users. 5. Touch your location at the bottom of the Places pop-up to write a review, check in here, view reviews and details, or choose another location nearby.
4. On the Play Books main screen, touch these options: • Make available offline: Mark books to make them available offline. Touch below a book cover to mark it with then touch . Just reverse this process to remove books from your device.
7. Touch and drag the slider at the bottom of the page to display a different page, which is indicated by the pop-up. 8. To contact customer support, report an issue, and display more Google eBooks information, from a Home screen, touch Apps Menu...
YouTube View and upload YouTube videos right from your device. 1. From a Home screen, touch YouTube. 2. Touch the HOME tab to return to the main YouTube page. 3. Touch the BROWSE tab to browse videos by categories like Comedy, Education, Music, and so on. Touch the desired category to display video thumbnails.
Section 7: Music This section explains how to use the music features of your device including the Music app, the Music player, and the Music Hub. Play Music App The Play Music app contains a music player that plays music and other audio files that you copy from your computer or store online.
2. Swipe left or right to spin the carousel and browse through your new and recent music. 3. Touch an album to open it. 4. Return to the Library screen from most other screens in the Music application by touching the Music application icon at the top-left of the Application bar.
Changing Music Settings To change settings in the Music application: 1. From a Home screen, touch Play Music. 2. Touch Menu. The following options display depending on the library view: • Shuffle all: Play all songs in a random order. •...
Options While Selecting a Song The following options are available for playing songs, albums, or playlist, finding more information about artists, finding more music, and deleting songs: 1. From a Home screen, touch Play Music. 2. Touch an album or song. 3.
Note: If you navigate away from the Now playing screen in the Music application, the Now Playing bar displays at the bottom of the screen. You can use this to control playback or touch Menu Displaying the Now Playing Screen If you navigate away from the Now playing screen, to return to the Now playing screen from other Music screens: Touch the name of the current song in the Now Playing...
Open source licenses: Displays the open source licenses for Google Play Music. – Music version: The Google Play Music app version is displayed. • Help: View online help from Google. 7. The Now playing screen contains several buttons that you can touch to control the playback of songs, albums, and playlists: Touch Thumbs up or Thumbs down to add the song to a Thumbs up or Thumbs down playlist.
Adding Songs To a Playlist To add a song to a new or existing playlist while the song is playing: 1. From a Home screen, touch Play Music. 2. Touch an album or song list and play a song. 3. Touch SONG. 4.
Making Online Music Available Offline In addition to playing the music that you add to your online library, you can play music stored on your device’s internal storage. Then you can listen to music when you have no Internet connection. To do this, make some of your online music available offline.
Viewing Your Music Library The Music player plays music and other audio files that you copy from your computer. 1. From a Home screen, touch Music player. The Music player application searches your device’s internal storage for music and playlists. This can take from a few seconds to several minutes, depending on the amount of new music added since you last opened the application.
1. From a Home screen, touch Music player. 2. Touch Playlists, touch a playlist, and then touch Menu Rename playlist. 3. Touch the name field to enter a new name for the playlist. 4. Touch OK to save the new playlist. Adding Songs to Playlists 1.
1. From a Home screen, touch Music player. 2. Display the Playlists library view. 3. Touch Favorites, Most played, or Recently added, or touch a playlist title that you created. 4. Touch a song to start playing the playlist at that song. Deleting a Playlist 1.
• Settings: The following settings display: Advanced – Sound settings: Choose SoundAlive and Playspeed settings. – Lyrics: Display the lyrics of the song, if available. – Music auto off: Set the option Off or set your music to turn off automatically after 30 minutes, 1 hour, 1 hour and 30 minutes, or 2 hours.
Accessing the Music Player If you navigate away from the Music application and music is playing, you can change songs or easily return to the Music player: 1. Touch the Music notification icon Bar. 2. In the Status Details, touch the song title to display the Music player.
• Favorite: Touch the star to mark the current song as a favorite. • Progress Bar: Touch and drag the end of the progress bar to scan forward or backward through the current song. • Shuffle: When enabled, songs play in random order. When disabled, songs play in the order they appear in List view.
Music Hub Samsung Music Hub makes your device a personal music manager and lets you access, buy, and download millions of music tracks. Access top albums, top tracks, featured albums, and new releases. Music Hub allows you to search for tracks, albums, and artists. Enjoy music samples before you download them directly to your Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab.
Making a Purchase You can use Music Hub to buy albums or individual tracks. You can also build your own album from various tracks. 1. From the Home screen, touch 2. Touch an album or a track. 3. Touch next to an album to add the album to your basket or next to each track that you want to add to your basket.
Section 8: Photos and Video This section explains how to use your device’s built-in camera and camcorder, the Video Player app to view and manage videos, and the Gallery app to view, capture, and manage photos and videos. It also contains an overview of the Photo Editor app, Media Hub, and Video Maker apps.
Taking Photos To take a photo: 1. From the Home screen, touch 2. Using the display as a viewfinder, compose your picture by aiming the lens at the subject. To configure settings, see “Camera Settings” on page 113. 3. To take the photo, touch the Camera button. 4.
To configure Camera settings: While in Camera mode, touch a settings shortcut or touch Settings to configure the following camera settings: • Edit shortcuts: Customize your settings shortcuts. For more information, refer to “Editing Camera Settings Shortcuts” on page 113. •...
• Storage: Set whether to store you photos on your device or on your memory card. • Reset: Set all Camera settings to the defaults. Viewing Photos with the Image Viewer After taking a photo, use the Image Viewer to view, share, delete, or edit photos.
Camcorder Use your device’s built-in Camcorder to record high- definition video in 1080p resolution. 1. From the Home screen, touch 2. Slide the Mode button to the setting. The Camcorder screen displays. Settings Current or Shortcuts Elapsed Time Settings File Size Recording Videos 1.
Important! Do not take videos of people without their permission. Do not take videos in places where cameras are not allowed. Do not take videos in places where you may interfere with another person’s privacy. Camcorder Settings Before you start taking videos, use the camcorder settings to configure the camcorder for best results.
• Resolution: Set a size for the video. Options are: 1280X720, 720x480, or 640X480. • White balance: Set the light source. Options are: Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Incandescent, or Fluorescent. • Guidelines: Enable or disable an on-screen grid to aid in video composition.
9. Touch and drag the white dot on the progress bar to fast forward or rewind the video. Touch the left end of the progress bar to restart the video. Touch the right end of the progress bar to end the video playback. –...
6. While the video is playing, touch mark your favorite areas of the video. A yellow mark displays on the progress bar. 7. During playback, press Menu for options: • Via Bluetooth: Turn Bluetooth on to use Bluetooth services. • Share via: Send the video by ChatON, Dropbox, Wi-Fi Direct, Bluetooth, YouTube, Gmail, or Email.
Viewing Categories of Photos and Videos 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch a category to view it. 3. Touch Slideshow to display a slide show of the available pictures. 4. Touch Menu for these options: • Select item: Touch one or more items that you want to stream to another device, share, or delete.
• Set picture as: Assign the photo as a Contact photo, Lock Screen, or Wallpaper. • Print: Print the current photo to a Samsung printer. • Edit: Use Photo studio or Video maker to edit your photo or video.
Note: Videos are stored in the /Root/sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder as mp4 files. For more information, refer to “My Files” on page 148. 11. Press Back to return to the category screen. Setting a Photo as a Contact Icon 1. From a Home screen, touch 2.
Setting a Photo as Wallpaper 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch a category, then touch a photo to select it. 3. Touch Menu Set picture as The Crop picture screen displays. 4. Touch and drag the crop box or the sides or corners of the crop box to create the crop area, then touch Done to save the cropped photo as wallpaper.
Photo Editor The Photo editor application provides basic editing functions for photos that you take on your device. Along with basic image tuning like brightness, contrast, and color, it also provides a wide variety of effects used for editing the photo. 1.
• Set as: Use this photo as a Contact photo, a Home and lock screens, Lock screen, or Wallpaper image. Media Hub Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie and TV content. With hundreds of titles available at your fingertips, entertaining on the go has never been easier. You can rent or purchase your favorite content and conveniently watch anywhere.
4. Browse content using these options: • What’s new: Recently-added titles for rent or purchase. • Movies: Movies you can rent or purchase. • TV Shows: TV shows you can rent or purchase. • My Media: Content you have previously purchased or rented. 5.
• You must finish watching rented Media Content within 24 consecutive hours of start of playback. – Stopping, pausing, or restarting rented Media Content does not extend the available viewing time. – In no event will rented Media Content be available for a period of more than thirty (30) days (or shorter on a title-by-title basis) after the Media Content has been rented (e.g., if you begin viewing rented Media Content on the 29th day after the rental...
Section 9: Connections Your device includes features to connect to the internet and to other devices by using Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, or a USB cable. Wi-Fi Wi-Fi is a wireless networking technology that provides access to local area networks. Use your device’s Wi-Fi feature to: •...
Scanning and Connecting to a Wi-Fi Network When you turn on Wi-Fi, your device searches for available Wi-Fi connections, then displays them on screen. 1. From any screen, touch the Time in the Status Bar. The Status Details displays. 2. Touch Wi-Fi to turn Wi-Fi On. Your device automatically scans for available Wireless Access Points.
4. Enable Wi-Fi Direct (similar to Steps 1 and 2) on the device to which you want to connect. 5. Once the device you want to connect to is displayed, touch on it. An Invitation to connect displays on the device to which you want to connect.
Configuring Bluetooth Settings Configure your device’s Bluetooth settings. For more information, refer to “Bluetooth” on page 166. Turning Bluetooth On or Off To turn Bluetooth on or off: 1. From a Home screen, touch Settings. 2. Under Wireless and network, on the Bluetooth tab, touch the OFF / ON icon off.
Managing Downloads Files, apps, and other items you download in Browser, Gmail, Email, or in other ways, are stored on your tablet’s internal storage. You can use the Downloads app to view, reopen, or delete what you have downloaded. To manage the demands on their networks or to help you avoid unexpected charges, some mobile networks place restrictions on the size of the files you can download.
Android. You can only uninstall the apps you have downloaded. Kies Via Wi-Fi Samsung Kies is a software that enables you to update your device firmware, synchronize files, and transfer data to and from your device directly by connecting to the PC.
Memory Card Your device supports removable microSD™ or microSDHC™ memory cards for storing music, photos, videos, and files. Installing and Removing a Memory Card For more information about installing and removing a memory card, see “Memory Card” on page 12. Important! To prevent damage to information stored on the memory card, always unmount the card before removing it from the device.
Synchronizing with Windows Media Player Ensure that Windows Media Player is installed on your PC. 1. Attach your device to the computer with the USB cable. Your computer recognizes the connection and displays the Autoplay screen. 2. Click the option to Sync digital media filies to this device to synchronize music files.
Section 10: Applications and Widgets This section contains a description of each application that is available on the Apps screen, its function, and how to navigate through that particular application. If the application is already described in another section of this user manual, then a cross reference to that particular section is provided.
Location of Internal GPS Antenna Alarm Set alarms for reminders or for wake-up times. Adding and Configuring Alarms 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch Add alarm or touch an alarm that is already set. 3. Touch fields to configure the alarm: •...
Deactivating and Deleting Alarms 1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch and hold an alarm and then touch one of the following options: • Delete alarm: Delete the alarm. • Deactivate alarm: Turn off the alarm. – or – Touch an existing alarm and touch Delete alarm pop-up displays.
AllShare AllShare allows your tablet to stream photos, music, and videos from its memory to other Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) certified devices. Your tablet can also play digital content streamed from other DLNA certified devices. Note: To view more information about DLNA certified products visit http://www.dlna.org/home.
Amazon Kindle Use the Amazon Kindle application to download books for reading, right on your device. Note: You must be registered with Amazon to use the Kindle application. From a Home screen, touch – or – From a Home screen, touch Amazon Kindle.
ChatON Use ChatON to send and receive instant messages from any device that has a mobile phone number. For more information, refer to “ChatON” on page 76. From a Home screen, touch Contacts Store contact information for your friends, family and colleagues, to quickly access information or to send a message.
Dropbox creates a folder that automatically synchronizes its contents across all of your connected devices on your account. Update a file to your dropbox on your computer, and it is automatically updated to the same folder on your other devices. Download the Desktop Application 1.
Email Send and receive email using popular email services. For more information, refer to “Email” on page 65. From a Home screen, touch – or – From a Home screen, touch Gallery Use Gallery to view, capture, and manage photos and videos. Refer to Gallery For more information, refer to “Gallery”...
Internet Your device includes a full HTML Browser, to access the internet. For more information, refer to “Internet” on page 77. Tip: A shortcut to Internet displays on the main Home screen by default. From the Home screen, touch – or – From a Home screen, touch Internet.
Media Hub Samsung Media Hub is your one stop for the hottest movie and TV content. For more information, refer to “Media Hub” on page 126. Tip: A shortcut to Media Hub displays on the main Home screen by default.
Once you lock a memo, you have to use your PIN number to view the memo. Print: Send this memo to a Samsung printer. Send via: Touch Bluetooth, Dropbox, Email, Gmail, or Wi-Fi Direct to send the memo by the selected method.
Music Hub The Music Hub lets you purchase and download songs and albums. For more information, refer to “Music Hub” on page 110. Tip: A shortcut to Music Hub appears on the main Home screen by default. From the Home screen, touch –...
Set picture as: Assign the photo as a Contact photo, Home and lock screens, Lock screen, or Wallpaper. – Print: Print the current photo to a Samsung printer. – Edit: Use Photo studio or Video maker to edit your photo or...
Show on map: This option displays if a Location exists for the photo. A Location is added to the photo if GPS tag is set On in the Camera settings. Touch this option to open the Map app and display the Location where the photo was taken. For more information, refer to “Camera Settings”...
Netflix Watch TV shows and movies, streaming from Netflix. Note: The Netflix application is part of your Netflix membership. For more information about membership visit www.netflix.com. From a Home screen, touch – or – From a Home screen, touch Next Issue Next Issue offers enhanced editions of the world’s most popular magazines, optimized for tablets.
Play Movies The Play Movies app is a new application for select Android devices. Any movie you rent from the Google Play™ Store can be downloaded for offline viewing through this application. In addition, the Play Movies app can be used to stream your Google Play™...
3. To get help for using Polaris Office, touch Menu Readers Hub Samsung Readers Hub is a one stop shop for books, magazines and newspapers from around the world. From the Home screen, touch – or – From a Home screen, touch Polaris Office.
S Planner Your device includes a powerful planner to help you organize your schedules more conveniently and effectively. Learn to create and manage events and tasks, and set alarms to remind yourself of important events and tasks. 1. From a Home screen, touch –...
6. Touch Menu for these options: • Go to: Use the Set date pop-up to enter a date and then touch Set to display that date on your calendar. • Delete: Delete events for the year, month, week, day, week, month, before today, or all events, depending on the S Planner view.
3. Touch Delete and then touch OK to delete the event. Touch Menu Send via and then touch Bluetooth, ChatON, Dropbox, Email, or Wi-Fi Direct to share the event. Touch Edit to update the event details. – or – Touch Options and then touch Send, or Edit.
Event notification • Calendars: Enable calendars for your various accounts. • Set alerts & notifications: Touch to select, which allows you to set the Alert, Status bar notification, or Off. • Select ringtone: Choose a tone for calendar notifications. • Default reminder time: Set the default time for a notification before an event is to occur.
Simply and easily download an abundance of applications to your tablet such as games, news, reference, social networking, navigation, and more. Tip: A shortcut to Samsung Apps displays on the main Home screen by default. From the Home screen, touch –...
Search Search the internet, and your device, using the Google search engine. For more information, refer to “Search” on page 94. Tip: Google Search appears by default on all Home screens. From a Home screen, Google. – or – From a Home screen, touch Google Search.
2. Touch Set Up Smart Remote Now: Inside the US. 3. Follow the on-screen instructions. Talk Use Google Talk to chat with other Google Talk users. For more information, refer to “Google Talk” on page 72. From the Home screen, touch Task Manager View and manage active applications on your device.
“Adding Widgets to a Home screen” on page 29. Adding Your First Stock To add your first stock: 1. From a Home screen, touch the Yahoo! Finance widget. The Yahoo Finance main screen displays with Samsung and Yahoo stocks listed by default. 2. Touch Add.
3. Touch Add to add another stock. For more information, refer to “Adding Your First Stock” on page 161. 4. Touch Menu to display the following options: • Delete: Touch to delete the stock being displayed. • Change order: Displays your stocks list. Touch and drag stocks to change the order in which they are displayed.
Yahoo! News Display current news and much more from Yahoo! To add the Yahoo! News widget to a Home screen, see “Adding Widgets to a Home screen” on page 29. 1. From a Home screen, touch the Yahoo! News widget. The first time you connect, the Select news by country screen displays.
Section 11: Settings This section explains Settings for customizing your device. Accessing Settings From a Home screen, touch Settings. – or – From any screen, touch the Time in the System Bar, then touch Settings. For more information, refer to “Quick Settings”...
To open a dialog where you can add a Wi-Fi network by entering its Network SSID (the name it broadcasts), security type, and other properties: 1. From a Home screen, touch Wi-Fi, and then touch Add network. 2. Use the keyboard to enter Network SSID. 3.
Bluetooth Use Bluetooth settings to manage Bluetooth connections, set your device’s name, and control your device’s visibility. Turning Bluetooth On or Off Turn your device’s Bluetooth service On or Off. For more information about using Bluetooth to exchange information with other Bluetooth devices, see “Bluetooth” on page 131. From any Home screen, touch the time, then touch Bluetooth from the Quick Settings menu.
Data Usage From this screen you can view the Wi-Fi or Ethernet data usage. 1. From a Home screen, touch Data usage. 2. Touch Wi-Fi. 3. Touch the Data usage cycle drop-down menu and select a date. The data usage displays as a visual (chart) and also displays a list of each application with a breakdown of how many MB were used per application.
Kies via Wi-Fi Wi-Fi configuration and usage by Kies Air. 1. From a Home screen, touch Settings. 2. Touch More... Kies via Wi-Fi. Select the source of the Wi-Fi connection for Kies air. The VPN settings menu allows you to set up and manage Virtual Private Networks (VPNs).
Edit a VPN 1. From a Home screen, touch More... VPN. 2. Touch and hold the VPN that you want to edit. 3. In the pop-up that opens, touch Edit network. 4. Make the desired VPN setting changes. 5. Touch Save. Delete a VPN 1.
Device This section of the Settings screen contains settings for your device. Sound General Set the volume level for all types of sounds. Note: You can only set volume when Silent Mode is disabled. 1. From a Home screen, touch Sound Volume.
Wallpaper You can choose a picture to display on the Home Screen, Lock screen, or to both the Home and lock screens. Choose from preloaded wallpaper images or select a photo you have downloaded or taken with the Camera. 1. From a Home screen, touch Wallpaper.
2. Touch Auto-rotate screen to enable or disable the auto-rotate feature. Tip: Touch the Time in the System Bar to display the Quick Settings pop-up. Touch Screen rotation to enable or disable the auto-rotate feature. For more information, refer to “Quick Settings” on page 25. Screen Timeout Set the length of delay between the last key press or screen touch and the automatic screen timeout (dim and lock).
Storage From this menu you can view the device memory or mount, unmount, or format an SD card. Device Memory From a Home screen, touch Storage. The Device memory displays as Total space, Apps, Pictures, videos, Audio, Downloads, Miscellaneous files, and Available memory. Mounting an SD Card 1.
Battery See how much battery power is used for device activities. From a Home screen, touch Battery. The battery level displays in percentage. The amount of time the battery was used also displays. Battery usage displays in percentages per application. 4.
Displays apps you have downloaded onto your device. 1. From a Home screen, touch Applications. 2. Touch Downloaded to view a list of all the downloaded applications on your device. 3. To switch the order of the lists displayed in the Downloaded tabs, touch Touch size or Sort by name.
4. Touch one of the applications to view application information. The following options display: • Stop: Stops the application from running on the device. This is usually done prior to uninstalling the application. Warning! Not all services can be stopped. Stopping services may have undesirable consequences on the application or Android System.
Synchronizing Account Select the items you want to synchronize on your account such as Books, Calendar, Contacts, and more. 1. From a Home screen, touch Accounts and sync. 2. Touch Sync all to synchronize all your accounts. Touch Cancel sync to stop the synchronization. 3.
1. From a Home screen, touch Location services. 2. Touch Location and Google search to use your location data for improved Google Search results and other Google services. Security Screen Lock Choose settings for unlocking your screen. For more information about using the lock and unlock features, see “Securing Your Device”...
Use this option to set how quickly to lock the screen after the screen automatically turns off. 1. From a Home screen, touch Security. 2. Touch Lock automatically and touch an option. Options are: Immediately; 5, 15, or 30 seconds; 1, 2, 5, 10, or 30 minutes.
For more information about Samsung accounts, see “Signing In to your Samsung Account” on page 192. Enable or Disable Remote Controls Once you have signed in to your Samsung Account, you can enable or disable Remote controls. 1. From a Home screen, touch 2.
SamsungDive Web Page To launch the SamsungDive web page: 1. From a Home screen, touch Security SamsungDive web page. 2. Touch the Help tab to display more information about Remote Controls. Passwords When enabled, password characters display briefly as you touch them while entering passwords.
If a certificate authority (CA) certificate gets compromised or for some other reason you do not trust it, you can disable or remove it. 1. From a Home screen, touch Security. 2. Touch Trusted credentials. The trusted credentials screen has two tabs: •...
6. Select Automatic to use the local language or select a 7. Touch Block offensive words to enable or disable Apps Language and input. Samsung keyboard is the only selection available for this device. voice typing. next to Google voice typing, then touch Select input languages.
To configure the Samsung keyboard: Touch next to Samsung keyboard to display the following options: • Input language: Used to set a default text entry language. Touch this field, scroll through the options, and touch the desired input language. When activated, a check appears in the box.
• Key-tap sound: Check to play a brief sound each time you touch a key on the on-screen keyboard. • Tutorial: Displays help for using the Samsung keyboard and XT9 predictive text. • Reset settings: Reset keyboard settings except XT9 my words and auto-substitution.
4. Configure the following: • Speech rate: Set the speed at which the text is spoken. • Listen to an example: Play a sample of speech synthesis (available if voice data is installed). • Driving mode: Incoming calls and new notifications are read aloud when enabled.
3. Touch Reset device, then follow the prompts to perform the reset. Note: If you have set up your Samsung account, it has to be deleted before performing this function. For more information, refer to “Removing an Account” on page 176.
2. Configure the following settings: • Set date: Enter the current date (only available when the Automatic setting is disabled). • Set time: Enter the current time (only available when the Automatic setting is disabled). • Select time zone: Choose your local time zone (only available when the Automatic setting is disabled).
Enable or disable accessibility services. Note: You must activate Accessibility before enabling services. 1. From a Home screen, touch Accessibility. 2. Touch TalkBack to activate TalkBack. Note: TalkBack, when installed and enabled, speaks feedback to help blind and low-vision users. 3.
This option allows you to set the Tap and hold delay time. 1. From a Home screen, touch Accessibility. 2. Touch Tap and hold delay, and then touch a delay time. Options are: Short, Medium, and Long. Developer Options Set options for application development. USB Debugging When enabled, allows debugging when the device is attached to a PC by a USB cable.
Protect the desktop with a backup password ID. 1. From a Home screen, touch Applications Developer options. 2. Touch Desktop backup password. 3. In the Settings screen, enter the current full backup password, the new password for full backups, then enter the new password again.
1. From a Home screen, touch 2. Touch ® DivX VOD. 3. Touch The Samsung account sign in screen displays. 4. Touch Samsung services to display information about Samsung services that are available. Apps Accounts and sync. Add account. Samsung. Settings...
5. If you have no Samsung account, touch Sign up. – or – If you do have a Samsung account, touch Sign in. The Country list of countries displays. 6. Touch a country in the list (for example, United States).
Section 12: Health and Safety Information This section outlines the safety precautions associated with using your Galaxy Tab. The terms “GALAXY” or “mobile device” are used in this section to refer to your Galaxy Tab. Read this information before using your mobile device. Exposure to Radio Frequency (RF) Signals Although GALAXY is not a cell phone, it can operate on the...
The biological effects of radio frequency energy should not be confused with the effects from other types of electromagnetic energy. Very high levels of electromagnetic energy, such as is found in X-rays and gamma rays, can ionize biological tissues. Ionization is a process where electrons are stripped away from their normal locations in atoms and molecules.
slight increase in brain cancer. However, the authors determined that biases and errors prevented any conclusions being drawn from this data. Additional information about Interphone can be found at http://www.iarc.fr/en/media-centre/pr/2010/pdfs/pr200_E.pdf. Interphone is the largest cell phone study to date, but it did not answer all questions about cell phone safety.
Cell Phone Industry Actions Although the existing scientific data do not justify FDA regulatory actions, the FDA has urged the cell phone industry to take a number of steps, including the following: • Support-needed research on possible biological effects of RF for the type of signal emitted by cell phones;...
Because there are no known risks from exposure to RF emissions from cell phones, there is no reason to believe that hands-free kits reduce risks. Hands-free kits can be used for convenience and comfort. They are also required by law in many states if you want to use your phone while driving.
• Environmental Protection Agency (EPA): http://www.epa.gov/radtown/wireless-tech.html. • Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA): http://www.osha.gov/SLTC/radiofrequencyradiation/. (Note: This web address is case sensitive.) • National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH): http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/. • World Health Organization (WHO): http://www.who.int/peh-emf/en/. • International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection: http://www.icnirp.de.
The FCC SAR limit incorporates a substantial margin of safety to give additional protection to the public and to account for any variations in measurements. SAR tests are conducted using standard operating positions accepted by the FCC with the mobile device transmitting at its highest certified power level in all tested frequency bands.
Pursuant to part 15.21 of the FCC Rules, you are cautioned that changes or modifications not expressly approved by Samsung could void your authority to operate the device. This device complies with part 15 of the FCC Rules. Operation is subject to the following two conditions: (1) This...
Check the laws and regulations on the use of mobile devices and their accessories in the areas where you drive. Always obey them. The use of these devices may be prohibited or restricted in certain areas. For example, only hands-free use may be permitted in certain areas.
Even when the GALAXY appears to be dry and appears to operate normally, the circuitry could slowly corrode and pose a safety hazard. If the GALAXY and/or battery get wet, have them checked by your service provider or contact Samsung, even if they appear to be working properly. •...
Samsung Mobile Products and Recycling Samsung cares for the environment and encourages its customers to recycle Samsung mobile devices and genuine Samsung accessories. Proper disposal of your mobile device and its battery is not only important for safety, it benefits the environment.
(e.g. driving directions), such applications transmit location-based information. The location-based information may be shared with third-parties, including your wireless service provider, applications providers, Samsung, and other third-parties providing services. Navigation Maps, directions, and other navigation-data, including data...
Paint Do not paint the mobile device. Paint can clog the device’s moving parts or ventilation openings and prevent proper operation. Responsible Listening Caution! Avoid potential hearing loss. Damage to hearing occurs when a person is exposed to loud sounds over time. The risk of hearing loss increases as sound is played louder and for longer durations.
• Do not turn the volume up to block out noisy surroundings. If you choose to listen to your portable device in a noisy environment, use noise-cancelling headphones to block out background environmental noise. By blocking background environment noise, noise cancelling headphones should allow you to hear the music at lower volumes than when using earbuds.
National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) 395 E Street, S.W., Suite 9200 Patriots Plaza Building Washington, DC 20201 Voice: 1-800-35-NIOSH (1-800-356-4674) 1-800-CDC-INFO (1-800-232-4636) Outside the U.S. 513-533-8328 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Internet: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/noise/ default.html 1-888-232-6348 TTY Operating Environment Remember to follow any special regulations in force in any area, and always switch your mobile device off whenever it is forbidden to use it, or when it may cause interference or danger.
• Should read and follow the directions from the manufacturer of your implantable medical device. If you have any questions about using your wireless mobile device with an implantable medical device, consult your health care provider. For more information see: http://www.fcc.gov/oet/rfsafety/rf- faqs.html#.
Do not turn on your device if it is wet. If your device is already on, turn it off and remove the battery immediately (if the device will not turn off or you cannot remove the battery, leave it as-is). Then, dry the device with a towel and take it to a service center.
• Check regularly that all wireless mobile device equipment in your vehicle is mounted and operating properly. • When using a headset in dry environments, static electricity can build up in the headset and cause a small quick static electrical shock.
(f) defects or damage resulting from the use of Product in conjunction or connection with accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by SAMSUNG; (g) defects or damage resulting from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, or adjustment not furnished or approved by SAMSUNG;...
(ii) any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering; or (iii) the battery has been used in equipment other than the SAMSUNG Tablet for which it is specified. What are SAMSUNG's obligations?
WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL SAMSUNG BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT OR FOR, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COMMERCIAL LOSS OF ANY SORT;...
What is the procedure for resolving disputes? ALL DISPUTES WITH SAMSUNG ARISING IN ANY WAY FROM THIS LIMITED WARRANTY OR THE SALE, CONDITION OR PERFORMANCE OF THE PRODUCTS SHALL BE RESOLVED EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, AND NOT BY A COURT OR JURY.
You may opt out of this dispute resolution procedure by providing notice to SAMSUNG no later than 30 calendar days from the date of the first consumer purchaser’s purchase of the Product. To opt out, you must send notice by e-mail to email@example.com, with the subject line: “Arbitration...
IMPORTANT. READ CAREFULLY: This End User License Agreement (“EULA”) is a legal agreement between you (either an individual or a single entity) and Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. for software owned by Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. and its affiliated companies and its third...
Software. 4. CONSENT TO USE OF DATA. You agree that Samsung and its affiliates may collect and use technical information gathered as part of the product support services related to the Software provided to you, if any, related to the Software.
8. TERMINATION. This EULA is effective until terminated. Your rights under this License will terminate automatically without notice from Samsung if you fail to comply with any of the terms and conditions of this EULA. Upon termination of this EULA, you must cease all use of the Software and destroy all copies, full or partial, of the Software.
THIRD-PARTY APPLICATIONS PROVIDED WITH THIS MOBILE DEVICE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND FROM SAMSUNG, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, SAMSUNG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES EXPRESS, IMPLIED,...
11. Limitation of Liability. SAMSUNG WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE ANY THIRD-PARTY APPLICATION, ITS CONTENT OR FUNCTIONALITY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DAMAGES...
The award of arbitration shall be final and binding upon the parties. 14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT; SEVERABILITY. This EULA is the entire agreement between you and Samsung relating to the Software and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous oral or written communications, proposals and representations with respect to the Software or any other subject matter covered by this EULA.
Do cell phones pose a health hazard? 194 Downloads managing 133 Dropbox Desktop Application Download 143 Email Combined view 66 composing and sending 67 configuring accounts 65 Exposure to Radio Frequency (RF) Signals 194 FCC Notice and Cautions 211 Firmware Update 134 Gallery 120 sharing photos and video 124 viewing photos and video 121...
Lock Screen setting 123 Locking and Unlocking unlocking the keypad 14 Maps 87 Memory Card formatting 135 installing 13 removing 13 Menu context-sensitive 24 Messages email 65 Gmail 60 types 60 Messenger 76 Mini App Tray 21 Music add songs to a playlist 102 creating a playlist 101 Music Player 104 Music app 96...
Your Mobile device 211 Ringtones notification 170 Samsung Account signing in 192 Samsung Keyboard entering text 43 Samsung Kies 134 Samsung Mobile Products and Recycling 204 Screen settings auto-rotate screen 171 brightness 171 timeout 172 Search 159 Securing your device...
Wallpaper setting 124 Warranty Information 213 Widgets 29 Wi-Fi adding a connection manually 130 Direct 56 Direct settings 169 scanning and connecting 130 settings 164 turning on or off 129 WiFi (see Wi-Fi) 129 Wi-Fi Direct 28 Windows Media Player synchronizing with 136 Wireless Networking Bluetooth 131...