2. HANDLING COMPACT DISCS MOISTURE CONDENSATION On a rainy day or in a very damp area, moisture may condense on the lenses inside the unit. Should this occur, the unit will not operate properly. In such a case, remove the disc and wait for about an hour until the moisture has evaporated.
3. INSTALLATION Before finally installing the unit, connect the wiring temporarily and make sure it is all connected up properly and the unit and system work properly. Use only the parts included with the unit to ensure proper installation. The use of unauthorized parts can cause malfunctions.
Removing the unit Trim Plate Installation: Push the trim plate against the chassis until it is fitted. You must do this before you install the front panel, otherwise it can't be attached. DIN REAR-MOUNT (METHOD B) Installation using the screw holes on the sides of the unit. Fastening the unit to the factory radio mounting bracket.
4. DETACHABLE CONTROL PANEL (D.C.P .) Removing The Detachable Control Panel (D.C.P .). PANEL RELEASE BUTTON Attaching the DCP CAUTION DO NOT insert the D.C.P from the left side. Doing so may damage it. The D.C.P can easily be damaged by shocks. After removing it, place it in a protective case and be careful not to drop it or subject it to strong shocks.
5. WIRING DIAGRAM (20 PIN HARNESS PLUG) FUSE 20-PIN AUDIO/POWER HARNESS (See Figure 1) LEFT FRONT WHITE-BLACK LF- WHITE LF+ LEFT REAR GREEN-BLACK LR GREEN LR+ WIRE COLOR FUNCTION/LABEL RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER (-) GREY/BLACK RIGHT FRONT SPEAKER (+) GREY RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (+) VIOLET RIGHT REAR SPEAKER (-) VIOLET/BLACK...
7. BASIC OPERATIONS 1) PANEL RELEASE BUTTON (REL) Press this button to remove the control panel. 12)POWER ON/OFF BUTTON Press this button to turn on or off the power. 6) DISPLAY BUTTON (DISP) Press this button briefly, the LCD will display the clock for about 2 seconds, then return to previous display mode.
8. AUDIO OPERATIONS 10) ENCODER VOLUME BUTTON Turn this knob to adjust desired volume level. 5) AUDIO BUTTON Press this button to select desired audio function. ORDER OF FUNCTION: VOLUME(VOL) -> BASS(BAS) -> TREBLE(TRE) ->BALANCE(BAL) ->FADER(FAD) While the selected function is displayed, turn Volume Knob to adjust the level within 5 seconds, otherwise the unit will return to volume adjustment mode.
9. RADIO OPERATIONS 11) AUTO MEMORY STORE/PRESET SCAN BUTTON (AS/PS) 1.PRESET SCAN: Press AS/PS button briefly to enter Preset Scan mode, it will scan all the preset stations in the memories, you can hear that it will stay on each station for about 5 seconds. 2.AUTO MEMORY STORE: Press AS/PS button for couple of seconds to enter Auto Store mode, this feature will automatically scan the current band and enter up to 6 strongest stations into the 6 preset memories.
10.CD OPERATIONS M1) PAUSE BUTTON (PAUSE) Press this button to pause CD play, press again to release pause. M2) SCAN BUTTON (SCAN) Press this button, the first 10 seconds of each track will be played sequentially until this button is pressed again, then normal play will resume at the current track. M3) REPEAT BUTTON (REPEAT) Press this button, the current track will be played repeatedly until this button is pressed again.
11.MP3 OPERATIONS (ENCODER VERSION) Notes : - An MP3 directory is shown in this manual as “Directory”, and an MP3 file is shown as “Track”. - Maximum length of file name : 28 characters. - Maximum length of directory : 16 characters. - Maximum number of tracks per disc : 254.
DIRECTORY (2) SEARCH / TRACK NAME BY USING ENCODER VOLUME KNOB Under MP3 Play Mode, press MP3 MENU BUTTON twice, the display shows “ * “. Rotate the ENCODER VOLUME KNOB for selecting the character. In this Encoder Search mode, SELECT button use as move cursor.
13.SPECIFICATIONS CD PLAYER System Usable disc Sampling frequency No of quantization bits Frequency Number of channels S/N Ratio RADIO SECTION Frequency Range Intermediate Frequency Usable Sensitivity Stereo Separation S/N Ratio AM/MW Frequency Range Intermediate Frequency Usable Sensitivity S/N Ratio GENERAL Power Supply Polarity Speaker impedance...
14.TROUBLE SHOOTING Before going through the check list, check wiring connection. If any of the problems persist after check list has been made, consult your nearest service dealer. Symptom No power The car ignition is not on. The fuse is blown. Disc cannot be loaded Presence of CD disc inside or ejected...