The antenna connections
The FM antenna
The AM antenna
Connect the antennas
The rear panel of your Lifestyle
FM antennas (Figure 14). Unwind each antenna. Antennas provide better reception when
their wires are not bundled.
Coaxial (75 )
FM antenna jack
FM antenna connections
1. Plug the FM antenna connector into the FM ANTENNA jack on the back of the music
2. Spread out the antenna arms. Experiment with both the placement and the angle of this
antenna to provide optimum FM reception.
Note: A central antenna or cable, or an outdoor FM antenna, may be used with the music
center antenna connections. To install an outdoor antenna, consult a qualified installer.
Follow all safety instructions.
AM antenna connections
1. Plug the AM antenna connector into the AM ANTENNA jack on the back of the music
2. Move the antenna as far as possible from the music center and other components, and
at least four feet (1.2 m) from the Acoustimass
3. To stand the antenna up on a flat surface, extend the wire feet outward. Or, use the
notch on the back of the antenna to hang it on a wall. For proper AM signal reception,
be sure the antenna is in an upright position.
4. You may want to adjust the antenna location or orientation as needed to receive distant
December 20, 2001
music center provides connections for the supplied AM and
module. This prevents interference with