Model No. WESY68631 Serial No. Write the serial number in the space above for future reference. Serial Number Decal (under seat) QUESTIONS? As a manufacturer, we are com- mitted to providing complete customer satisfaction. If you have questions, or if there are missing or damaged parts, we will guarantee complete satis- faction through direct assis-...
Note: A PART IDENTIFICATION CHART and a PART LIST/EXPLODED DRAWING are attached in the center of this manual. Remove the PART IDENTIFICATION CHART and PART LIST/EXPLODED DRAWING before begin- ning assembly. WEIDER is a registered trademark of ICON Health & Fitness, Inc.
WARNING DECAL PLACEMENT The decals shown here have been placed on the resistance system. If a decal is missing or illegible, please call our Customer Service Department toll- free at 1-877-992-5999, Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Mountain Time, to order a free replacement decal.
IMPORTANT PRECAUTIONS WARNING: To reduce the risk of serious injury, read the following important precautions before using the resistance system. 1. Read all instructions in this manual before using the resistance system. Use the resist- ance system only as described in this manual. 2.
BEFORE YOU BEGIN Thank you for selecting the innovative WEIDER PLATINUM 600 resistance system. The resistance sys- tem offers a selection of stations designed to develop every major muscle group of the body. Whether your goal is to tone your body, build dramatic muscle size...
ASSEMBLY Make Things Easier for Yourself This manual is designed to ensure that the resist- ance system can be assembled successfully by most people. However, it is important to realize that the versatile resistance system has many parts and that the assembly process will take time.
2. Attach the Upright (3) to the Base (1) with two 3/8” x 2 3/4” Carriage Bolts (88), two 3/8” x 3” Bolts (87), and four 3/8” Nylon Locknuts (73) as shown. Note: This step will be easier to com- plete if the Upright and Base are tipped on their sides.
4. Insert the connector of the lower wire harness (A) into the socket of the Upper Wire Harness (13). The connector should slide easily into the socket and snap into place. If the connector does not slide easily and snap into place, turn the connector over and then insert it.
6. Grease a 3/8” x 4” Bolt (86) using the included grease pack. Attach the Bench Rail (23) to the Upright (3) with the Bolt and a 3/8” Nylon Jamnut (92). Make sure the Bolt is inserted through the indicated hole in the Bench Rail. Do not overtighten the Jamnut;...
9. Attach the Lat Tower (5) to the Upright (3) with four 3/8” x 1” Screws (100) and four 3/8” Lock Washers (74). Plug the Upper Wire Harness (13) into the Console (53). Push all of the excess wire into the Upright (3).
12. Pull the upper cable (B), which is attached inside of the Mech Assembly (6), up between the Upright (3) and the Pulley Plate (18). Attach another Large Pulley (17) between the Upright (3) and Pulley Plate (18) with an M12 x 62mm Button Bolt (80) and an M12 Nylon Locknut (72).
16. Hold a Large Pulley (17) inside of the upper cable (B). Attach the Pulley to a Pulley Bracket (10) with an M12 x 58mm Button Bolt (81) and an M12 Nylon Locknut (72). Make sure that the cable is routed as shown in the CABLE DIAGRAM on page 18.
20. Attach a 3 1/2” Pulley (89) inside of the hole in the Front Leg (31) with a 3/8” x 3 1/2” Bolt (90), two 1” Spacers (35), two 3/8” SAE Washers (75), and a 3/8” Nylon Jamnut (92). Make sure the Pulley is above the Leg Lever Cable (62).
UPPER CABLE ADJUSTMENT After completing the assembly of the resistance system, the tension on the upper cable (B) will need to be adjusted. Also, the upper cable can stretch slightly when it is first used. When this occurs, the upper cable ten- sion will need to be readjusted.
ADJUSTMENTS This section explains how to adjust the resistance system. See the EXERCISE GUIDELINES on page 20 for important information about how to get the most benefit from your exercise program. Also, see the accompany- ing exercise guide to see the correct form for each exercise. Make sure all parts are properly tightened each time the resistance system is used.
ATTACHING THE ACCESSORIES To attach a Short Handle (67) to a high pulley, first attach the high pulley to the resistance system (see ATTACHING THE HIGH PULLEYS on page 15). Then, attach the Short Handle to the Short Cable (60) with a Cable Clip (64).
ADJUSTING THE BACKREST The Backrest (40) can be used in a level position or one of three inclined positions. To use the Backrest in a level position, secure the Seat Carriage (48) to the adjustment hole in the Bench Rail (23) next to the Front Leg (31) (see ADJUSTING THE SEAT on page 15).
CABLE DIAGRAM The cable diagram shows the proper routing of the upper cable (B). Use the diagram to make sure that Upper Cable (B) the cable has been assembled correctly. If the cable has not been correctly routed, the resistance system will not function properly and damage may occur.
TROUBLESHOOTING CLEANING THE BAR GUIDES Over time, dust may build up on the Bar Guides (55), causing a squeaking noise as the resistance system is used. If this occurs, wipe off the Bar Guides with a damp cloth and a mild, non-abrasive detergent. Do not use solvents.
EXERCISE GUIDELINES THE FOUR BASIC TYPES OF WORKOUTS Muscle Building To increase the size and strength of your muscles, push them close to their maximum capacity. Your mus- cles will continually adapt and grow as you progres- sively increase the intensity of your exercise. You can adjust the intensity level of an individual exercise in two ways: •...
Rest for a short period of time after each set. The ideal resting periods are: • Rest for three minutes after each set for a muscle building workout. • Rest for one minute after each set for a toning work- out.
PART IDENTIFICATION CHART See the drawings below to identify small parts used in assembly. The number in parentheses by each drawing is the key number of the part, from the PART LIST in the center of this manual. Note: Some small parts may have been pre-attached.
PART LIST—Model No. WESY68631 Key No. Qty. Description Base Base Plate Upright Foot Plate Lat Tower Mech Assembly Front Mech Cover Back Mech Cover Resistance Bar Pulley Bracket 1/4” x 5/8” Screw Transformer Upper Wire Harness Pulley Pivot Bracket Pivot Bracket Bushing Small Pulley Large Pulley Pulley Plate...
• The MODEL NUMBER of the product (WESY68631) • The NAME of the product (WEIDER • The SERIAL NUMBER of the product (see the front cover of this manual) • The KEY NUMBER and DESCRIPTION of the part(s) (see the PART LIST and EXPLODED DRAWING in the...