Refrigerator user manual English imagine the possibilities Thank you for purchasing a Samsung product. To receive a more complete service, please register your product at www.samsung.com/global/register...
KEy fEaturEs of your nEw rEfrigErator Your Samsung Side-By-Side Refrigerator comes equipped with many space-saving, innovative storage and energy-efficient features. HiDDEn HingEs & Door s/w • Slick-covered hidden hinges & door s/w helps Neat & Stylish square frontal view.
Please follow them explicitly. after reading this section, keep it in a safe place for future reference. • This refrigerator must be properly installed and located in accordance with the manual before it is used. • Use this appliance only for its intended purpose as described in this instruction manual.
- Otherwise, there is a risk of electric shock. sEVErE warning signs • Do not install the refrigerator in a damp place or place where it may come in contact with water. - Deteriorated insulation of electrical parts may cause an electric shock or fire.
• Do not touch the inside walls of the freezer or products stored in the freezer with wet hands. - This may cause frostbite. • If the refrigerator is not to be used for a long period of time, pull out the power plug. - Deterioration in the insulation may cause fire.
• Do not use a wet or damp cloth when cleaning the plug, remove any foreign material or dust from the power plug pins. - Otherwise there is a risk of fire. • If the refrigerator is disconnected from the power supply, you should wait for at least five minutes before plugging it back. warning signs for DisPosaL •...
• Please observe maximum storage times and expiry dates of frozen goods. • There is no need to disconnect the refrigerator from the power supply if you will be away for less than three weeks. But, remove all the food if you are going away for the three weeks or more.
Getting ready to install the refrigerator 10 Removing the refrigerator doors 13 Reattaching the refrigerator doors 16 Leveling the refrigerator 17 Making minor adjustments to the doors 18 Checking the water dispenser line(optional)
Congratulations on the purchase of your Samsung Side-By-Side Refrigerator. We hope you will enjoy the many state-of-the-art features and efficiencies that this new appliance has to offer. Selecting the best location for the refrigerator •...
Doors If your entrance won’t allow the refrigerator to pass easily through it, you can remove the doors. 1. Removing the Front Leg Cover First, open both the freezer and refrigerator doors, and then take off the front leg cover by turning the three screws counter-clockwise.
2. Removing the freezer door A few things to mention first. • Make sure that you lift the door straight up so the hinges are not bent or broken. • Be careful not to pinch the water tubing and wire harness on the door.
Removing the Fridge Door 1. With the door closed, remove the upper hinge cover 2. Remove hinge screws the upper hinge . Be careful that the door does not fall on you as you are removing it 3. Remove the door from the lower hinge 4.
Doors Once you have safely placed your refrigerator where you plan for it to stay, it is time to put the doors back on. Reattaching the Freezer Door 1. Replace the freezer door by inserting the water line...
Reattaching the Fridge Door 1. Insert the lower hinge 2. Fit the hole in the corner of the fridge door 3. Insert the upper hinge shaft . Make sure the hinge is level between the upper hinge hole and the hole on the top of the cabinet reattach hinge screws turning it in a clock wise direction.
Reattaching the Water Supply Line 1. Insert the water line Reattaching the Front Leg Cover Before attaching the cover, check water connector for leakage. Replace the front leg cover by turning the three screws clockwise, as shown in the figure.
LEVELing tHE rEfrigErator Now that the doors are back on the refrigerator, you will want to make sure the refrigerator is level so you can then make final adjustments. If the refrigerator is not level, it will not be possible to get the doors perfectly even.
MaKing Minor aDJustMEnts to tHE Doors Remember, a leveling refrigerator is necessary for getting the doors perfectly even. If you need help, review the previous section on leveling the refrigerator. In the case of the process to correct the imbalance is the same. Open the doors and adjust them, one at a time, as follows: 1. Unscrew the nut...
138 ~862 Kpa is required. Under normal conditions, a 170 cc paper cup can be filled in 10 seconds. If the refrigerator is installed in an area with low water pressure (below 138 Kpa), you can install a booster pump to compensate for the low pressure. Make sure the water storage tank inside the refrigerator is properly filled.
Connecting the water line to the refrigerator 1. Remove the cap from water line on the unit and insert compression nut to the water line on the unit after disassembling from provided water line. 2. Connect both water line from the unit and water line provided kit.
1. Close the main water tap. 2. Connect coupler “A” to the tap. WARRANTY INFORMATION This water line installation is not covered by the refrigerator or ice maker manufacturer’s warranty. Follow these instructions carefully to minimise the risk of expensive water damage. Note:...
- Reattach the compressor cover of the refrigerator. Secure the water line. - Using clip ”A”, fix the water line to the wall (the back of refrigerator). - When the water line is secure, make sure whether the water line is not excessively bent, pinched or squashed.
3. Additional flushing may be required in some households. 4. Open the refrigerator door and make sure there are no water leaks coming from the water filter. A newly installed water filter cartridge may cause water to briefly spurt from the water dispenser.
Now that you have your new refrigerator installed and in place, you are ready to set up and enjoy the full features and functions of the appliance. By completing the following steps, your refrigerator should be fully operational. If not, first check the power supply and electricity source or try the troubleshooting section at the back of this user guide.
When you change the filter, press this button for 3 seconds to reset the filter schedule. BUTTON If you are going on vacation or business trip or you do not need to use the refrigerator, press the Vacation button. When you select vacation button for fridge compartment off, VACATION BUTTON display LED of Vacation will be on.
When you have enough, just press the button again to cancel the “Power freeze” mode. When you use this function the energy consumption of the refrigerator will increase. Remember to turn it off when you don’t need it and return the freezer to your original temperature setting.
However, this number will change as the Freezer adjusts to the new temperature. COnTROLLInG THE FRIDGE TEMPERATURE The refrigerator temperature can be set between 7ºC (46°F) and 1ºC (34°F) to suit your particular needs. Press the Fridge button repeatedly until the desired temperature is shown in the temperature display.
- It may cause injury. • Use only the ice maker provided with the refrigerator. • The water supply to this refrigerator must only be installed/connected by a suitably qualified person and connect to a potable water supply only. • In order to operate the ice maker properly, water pressure of 138 ~ 862 Kpa is required.
sHELVEs anD Bins Freezer Ice Chute Door Bins Fridge Water Filter (Optional) Lamp Cover Glass Shelf Wine Shelf(Optional) Z Shelf(Optional) Moving Shelf(Optional) CoolSelect Zone Drawer(Optional) Vegetable &Fruit Drawers operating Ice Maker Bucket (Optional) Lamp Cover Glass Shelves Plastic Shelf Drawers Front Leg Cover Dairy Bin Door Bins...
Storing Food in the Freezer The Samsung Side-By-Side Refrigerator has been designed to provide you with maximum spacesaving features and functions. Here are some of the customized compartments we have created to keep your food fresher, longer. Remember, in order to prevent odor penetration to the ice, stored food should be wrapped securely and as airtight as possible.
Bottles should be stored tightly together so that they do not tip and fall out when the refrigerator door is opened. • If you plan to go away for a significant time, empty the refrigerator and turn it off. Wipe the excess moisture from the inside of the appliance and leave the doors open.
SAMSUNG side-by-side refrigerator using tHE CooLsELECt ZonE™ DrawEr (oPtionaL) The CoolSelect Zone™ Drawer is designed to make your busy life just a little bit easier. Quick Cool Button You can use the “Quick Cool” operation with the CoolSelect Zone™ Drawer to quickly cool 1~3 canned beverages in about an hour.
The drawer digital panel shows the same temperature as that of the refrigerator display panel. Since the “Cool” function mimics the refrigerator temperature, you have extra general storage space. operating...
4. Remove the Icemaker bucket by lifting up and pulling it out. 5. Remove the front leg Cover by opening both the freezer and refrigerator doors, and removing the three screws. Once the screws are free, detach the cover.
Veggie Box/Dry Box cover and remove by pulling forward. Holding the drawer with one hand, lift it up a little bit while pulling it forward and take it out of the refrigerator. 3. Remove the Gallon Door Bin by holding the bin with both hands and gently lifting it up.
SAMSUNG side-by-side refrigerator CLEaning tHE rEfrigErator Caring for your Samsung Side-By-Side Refrigerator prolongs the life of your appliance and helps keep it odor and germ-free. Cleaning the Interior Clean the inside walls and accessories with a mild detergent and then wipe dry with a soft cloth.
If the cartridge dries in a confined (or humid) area, there may be an odor to the cartridge. If this occurs, re-clean and allow to dry in a well-ventilated area. Cleaning behind the Refrigerator To keep cords and exposed parts free of dust and dirt accumulation, vacuum behind the appliance once or twice a year.
SAMSUNG side-by-side refrigerator CHanging tHE intErior LigHts Pull the power plug out of the socket before changing the interior light of the refrigerator. WARNING - Otherwise, there is a risk of electric shock. If you experience difficulty when changing the light, contact your service center.
Changing the Interior Lights in the Freezer The freezer light is located in the bottom of the auger motor case. 1. Lift the lamp cover up and pull out with 2 hands in the direction of arrows. 2. Replace the bulb with a new one. 3.
To order more water filter cartridges, contact your authorized Samsung dealer. using tHE Doors The refrigerator doors are equipped with a door opening and closing feature that ensures that the doors close all the way and are securely sealed. After opening beyond a certain point, the door will “catch” and remain open. When the door is ajar ahead of the catch that allows it to stay open, it will close automatically.
• Is the refrigerator in direct sunlight or located too near a heat source? • Is the back of the refrigerator too close to the wall and therefore keeping air from circulating? the food in the fridge is • Is the temperature control on the display panel set to the correct temperature? Try...
Correct Disposal of This Product English (Waste Electrical & Electronic Equipment) (Applicable in the European Union and other European countries with separate collection systems) This marking shown on the product or its literature, indicates that it should not be disposed with other household wastes at the end of its working life. To prevent pos- sible harm to the environment or human health from uncontrolled waste disposal, please separate this from other types of wastes and recycle it responsibly to pro- mote the sustainable reuse of material resources.
Contact SAMSUNG WORLD WIDE If you have any questions or comments relating to Samsung products, please contact the SAMSUNG customer care center. Code No. DA99-01583A REV(0.0)