The Samson PowerStrip PS9, PowerBrite PB9, and PowerBrite Pro7
all utilize state-of-the-art technology in power distribution and are
engineered to the finest detail. Here are some of their main features:
• Multiple switched rear-panel AC outlets (eight in the PowerStrip PS9
and PowerBrite PB9; six in the PowerBrite Pro7) that allow you to
power an entire rack's worth of gear from one source. In addition,
an unswitched front-panel convenience outlet is provided for
temporary power needs (such as plugging in a guitar amplifier,
soldering iron, etc.).
• Rear-panel switched outlets are mounted both vertically and
horizontally to accommodate standard 3-pin plugs as well as
external transformer AC power adapters.
• 3-point surge protection, peak clamping protection and RF filtering
enables all connected equipment to operate with maximum
efficiency and minimal noise.
• Front-panel resettable 15 amp circuit breaker protects all connected
• An independent dedicated switch with status light for powering the
rear-panel switched outlets.
• In the PowerBrite PB9 and PowerBrite Pro7, a lockable slide-out
drawer contains a standard 4 watt fluorescent bulb (similar to that
used in many desktop lamps and readily available at most hardware
stores and electrical suppliers) that fully illuminates all gear
underneath with cool, clear light. In addition, there is a dedicated
switch (with status light) for turning on the bulb. The front-panel
light features a backlit customizable inlay with a Samson logo—and
our unique "Neo-Rack" service (see the back cover of this manual)
allows you to substitute your own custom facility or band logo
• In the PowerBrite Pro7, a rear-panel 12-volt XLR connector (for
Littlite®-compatible lamps), and a front-panel voltmeter and
ammeter that allow you to monitor changes in the current drawn
from both switched and unswitched outlets.
• All units are designed to be mounted in the top slot of any standard
19" rack, taking only a single rack space.
• Rugged construction that makes the Samson PowerStrip PS9,
PowerBrite PB9, and PowerBrite Pro7 eminently roadworthy.