Model No. DTL42950 USER'S MANUAL Serial No. Serial Number Decal QUESTIONS? If you have questions, or if there are missing or damaged parts, we will guarantee complete sat- isfaction through direct assis- tance from our factory. TO AVOID DELAYS, PLEASE CALL DIRECT TO OUR TOLL- FREE CUSTOMER HOT LINE.
HOW TO FOLD AND MOVE THE TREADMILL ........
11. Use only a single-outlet surge suppressor that meets all of the specifications described on page 10. To purchase a surge suppressor, see your local PROFORM dealer or call 1-888-533- 1333 and order part number 146148, or see your local electronics store.
SAVE THESE INSTRUCTIONS The decals shown have been placed on your treadmill. If a decal is missing, or if it is not legible, please call toll-free 1-888-533-1333 and order a free replacement decal (see the front cover of this manual).
To help us assist you, please note the product model number and serial number before calling. The model number of the treadmill is DTL42950. The serial num- ber can be found on a decal attached to the treadmill (see the front cover of this manual for the location).
This is a normal condition and does not affect treadmill performance. If there is lubricant on top of the walking belt, simply wipe off the lubricant with a soft cloth and a mild, non-abrasive cleaner.
2. Attach the Left and Right Extension Legs (108, 109) with four 1” Tek Screws (39) and two Base Pads (57) as shown. Attach the lower Tek Screw, without the Base Pad, first. Attach the other two Base Pads (57) to the base of the Uprights (69) with two 1”...
5. Hold the Console Base (47) near the Left Handrail (71). Attach the end of the ground wire on the Console Base to the indicated small hole in the Left Handrail with the Silver Ground Screw (75). 6. Set the Console Base (47) on the Left and Right Handrails (71, 72).
8. Touch the Right Handrail (72) to discharge any static. Insert the end of the Upright Wire (42) into the socket in the bottom of the Console Base (47). The connector should slide easily into the socket and snap into place. If the connector does not slide easily and snap into place, turn the connector and then insert it.
12. Make sure that all parts are properly tightened before you use the treadmill. Note: Extra hardware may be included. Keep the included allen wrenches in a secure place. The large allen wrench is used to adjust the...
(see drawing 1 at the right). To purchase a surge suppressor, see your local PROFORM dealer or call 1-888-533-1333 and order part number 146148, or see your local electronics store.
When the manual mode of the console is selected, the speed and incline of the treadmill can be changed with the touch of a button. As you exercise, the console will dis- play continuous exercise feedback.
The Time display will begin to flash. To restart the walking belt, press the Start button or the Speed + button. Note: The first time you use the treadmill, periodi- cally inspect the alignment of the walking belt, and align it if necessary (see page 25).
When you are finished exercising, remove the key. Step onto the foot rails and press the Stop button. Adjust the incline of the treadmill to the lowest setting. Next, remove the key from the console and put it in a secure place.
Current Period column are not lit after the speed settings have moved to the left again, the speed settings will move back up. To change the incline of the treadmill during the program, press the Incline buttons until the de- sired incline level is reached.
HOW TO CONNECT THE TREADMILL TO YOUR CD PLAYER, VCR, OR COMPUTER To use iFIT.com CDs, the treadmill must be connected to your portable CD player, portable stereo, home stereo, or computer with CD player. See pages 16 and 17 for connecting instructions. To use iFIT.com video- cassettes, the treadmill must be connected to your VCR.
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR HOME STEREO Note: If your stereo has an unused LINE OUT jack, see instruction A below. If the LINE OUT jack is being used, see instruction B. A. Plug one end of the audio cable into the jack be- neath the console.
HOW TO CONNECT YOUR VCR Note: If your VCR has an unused AUDIO OUT jack, see instruction A below. If the AUDIO OUT jack is being used, see instruction B. If you have a TV with a built-in VCR, see instruction B. If your VCR is connected to your home stereo, see HOW TO CONNECT YOUR HOME STEREO on page 17.
Simply follow your personal trainer’s instructions. Note: If the Time display is flashing, press the Start button or the Speed + button on the console. The treadmill will not respond to a CD or video program when the Time display is flashing.
See www.iFIT.com for details. Note: Programs will control only the speed of your treadmill. To use programs from our Web site, the treadmill must be connected to your home computer. See HOW TO CONNECT YOUR COMPUTER on page 17. In addition, you must have an internet connection and an internet service provider.
THE INFORMATION MODE The console features an information mode that keeps track of the total number of hours that the treadmill has been operated and the total number of miles that the walking belt has moved. The information mode also al- lows you to switch the console from miles per hour to kilometers per hour.
1. Hold the upper ends of the handrails. Place one foot on a front wheel. 2. Tilt the treadmill back until it rolls freely on the front wheels. Carefully move the treadmill to the desired location. To re- duce the risk of injury, use extreme caution while mov- ing the treadmill.
HOW TO LOWER THE TREADMILL FOR USE 1. Hold the upper end of the treadmill with your right hand. Press the storage latch to the left. Pivot the treadmill down until the frame and foot rail are past the storage latch.
PROBLEM: The power turns off during use SOLUTION: a. Check the circuit breaker located on the treadmill frame near the power cord (see the drawing above). If the circuit breaker has tripped, wait for five minutes and then press the switch back in.
3 inches off the walking platform. Be careful to keep the walking belt centered. Plug in the power cord, in- sert the key, and run the treadmill for a few minutes. Repeat until the walking belt is properly tightened. c. If the walking belt still slows when walked on, please call our Customer Service Department.
For maximum fat burning, adjust the speed and incline of the treadmill until your heart rate is near the middle number in your training zone. Aerobic Exercise If your goal is to strengthen your cardiovascular sys- tem, your exercise must be “aerobic.”...
SUGGESTED STRETCHES The correct form for several basic stretches is shown at the right. Move slowly as you stretch—never bounce. 1. Toe Touch Stretch Stand with your knees bent slightly and slowly bend forward from your hips. Allow your back and shoulders to relax as you reach down toward your toes as far as possible.
REMOVE THIS EXPLODED DRAWING AND PART LIST FROM THE MANUAL Save this EXPLODED DRAWING and PART LIST for future reference. Note: Specifications are subject to change without notice. For information about ordering replacement parts, see the back cover of the User’s Manual.
PART LIST—Model No. DTL42950 No. Qty. Description Hood 3/4” Screw Motor Belt Motor Tension Bolt 3/8” Washer Motor Star Washer Flywheel Drive Motor Motor Assembly Reed Switch Latch Warning Decal Frame Spacer Frame Pivot Nut/Motor Nut Frame Pivot Bolt Walking Platform...
EXPLODED DRAWING—Model No. DTL42950 R0904A...
Friday, 6 a.m. until 6 p.m. Mountain Time (excluding holidays). Before calling, please note the following information: • The MODEL NUMBER of the product (DTL42950) • The NAME of the product (PROFORM • The SERIAL NUMBER of the product (see the front cover of this manual) •...